• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subscribe now! Ongoing Daily Auction thread for the Ronald McDonald House Holiday Drive

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this still open for bids?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man. gdl played this last one like a sniping bawse. Look in your PM man. If you could Paypal ASAP, we can get this one in under the wire. Any outstanding balances will be paid after the official time for the drive has ended, but it would be sweet to get this last donation in, and Styleforum would make it up to $12K.

Cheers,

Fok.

WestLinn

Reaction score
Including everything (not just the auctions, but also a few private donations, Styleforum's donation, etc...) we are up to 11192 + 1300 (pending payment for the suit).
You can check it all out here:
http://rmhcgroupgive.kintera.org/fa...7D53C417837145C6B5D608A6987E342F&team=5330421
They also get private, single person donations through their site directly, but as you can see, we are the only large, organized, "team". All others are families, special donations in commemoration of someone, etc...

As a father who has spent many a night at a Ronald McDonald House, I say thank you to all of you who have donated! I donate every time I am at McDonalds and we are big contributors to our local RMcD House. For those who have never had a child who was sick or needed surgery (mine needed 4 before he was a year old), the RMcD Houses are a God send. I am happy to share more about our story and the stories of those we have met, but suffice it to say, the RMcD Houses do not serve just the poor, just the rich, just the sickest or ... when you need them, you absolutely NEED them. Feel good, good people of Style Forum.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well played, g.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As a father who has spent many a night at a Ronald McDonald House, I say thank you to all of you who have donated!  I donate every time I am at McDonalds and we are big contributors to our local RMcD House.  For those who have never had a child who was sick or needed surgery (mine needed 4 before he was a year old), the RMcD Houses are a God send.  I am happy to share more about our story and the stories of those we have met, but suffice it to say, the RMcD Houses do not serve just the poor, just the rich, just the sickest or ... when you need them, you absolutely  NEED them. Feel good, good people of Style Forum. 

Thanks for sharing this.

We've been donating to the RMHC for a few years now, and I'm really proud that our affiliate vendors and our members both came through in a really big way this year. I've already had a few vendors tell me that next year, we are going to do even better! Great holiday spirit guys. And a Happy 2013 to everyone.

Wear all your winnings in good health.

Cheers,

Fok.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Excellent!

My goodness, my wallet has another year to recover...

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just packaging up SoGent's Put This On pocket squares. Proud to be part of this!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, my STF goodies have arrived!!

the auction was for any pair of shoes with a retail value up to $1000. the shoes i picked out were actually retailed at $850, and since they were under the full value, ian was kind and generous enough to allow me to pick out a tie as well. even though with the tie, the retail value ended up slightly above $1000. so basically, ian is the man.

thanks to fok for doing this, thanks to ian at STF for being so generous and patient with his donation, and thanks to everyone who participated. you guys are great!

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ Freaking awesome, Stitches. You are the man. I love the shoes and tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads