• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subscribe now! Ongoing Daily Auction thread for the Ronald McDonald House Holiday Drive

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT UPDATE: SLIGHT CHANGE IN ENDING TIME to 11 a.m. EST, Dec 17

The auction will actually end tomorrow at 11 a.m. EST, or 8:00 a.m. PST. My student is defending his thesis tomorrow, and I have to push my schedule up a bit to accomodate this. Sorry, gentlemen. I should have known this earlier.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm going to be indisposed for the next 10 hours, how many hours of bidding are left please? I'm too stupid to figure out these timezones...

Nearly 12 hours. Actually 11 hours and 57 minutes as of my writing this.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it is now 10:45PM EST. bidding ends 12:00PM EST. so that would be in 13 hours and 15 minutes from now.

Please note that the auction will actually close 1 hour ahead of the previously scheduled time.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Please note that the auction will actually close 1 hour ahead of the previously scheduled time.

ok, cool. so 11:00AM EST. ill be watching!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What shoes?

A pair of khaki twill oxfords from the Japanese designer Ts(S), by Tazuo Suzuki, whose brother, Daiki, is better known for the Engineered Garments line. These are it: http://www.yoox.com/us/44393721WE/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=44393721NQ&sizeId=9 in the "khaki" color. His line is sort of Americana distilled through Japanese vision. His central concept is "Unpredictability with dignity". Not sure exactly how to parse that, but if you like really interesting fabrics (if you wish to stereotype, the English make the sturdiest textures, the Italians the most luxurious, and the Japanese, the most experimental and innovative) and that slightly rumpled look, Ts(S) is a great line. He is actually designing for Boglioli as well, and there are some great items, like a jacket with a stand up collar and an oversized "lining" that looks like a second layer. Usually sorta pricey though.

But I digress. Back to the Edward Greens

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just arrived in Canada. Both glad and unhappy to see that I was outbid. Thanks for the help, Stitchy. It was a valiant effort.

Doing this every year would be interesting. I'd certainly bid again.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a pleasure and an honor. I just hope I helped push the bid higher than it may have gone.

Are you officially bowing out? :)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am, but hopefully the bidding continues. If LeatherSoul continues to do this each year, the winner would have the first pair ever made from this tradition. That would be kind of cool.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed that would be cool. Its been very cool bidding for/with you. Hope your travels are always safe.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is actually an awesome idea. I wonder if Tom would go for it. If it's not insane, Styleforum would pitch in for the additional cost of doing this.
quite a few objects of desire from companies outta the country too, if they were willing to help with a good cause.
i'm tied up until well after the end time but may be able to check in from the phone to see where it's at.

come on chobo, j brown . . . . got some gas left ? wait, you just got here of course you do.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh snap !

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:decisions:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can we officially congratulate chobochobo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads