1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sub Zero Refrigerators

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by tiecollector, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Hany

Hany Senior member

I like our SZ and the fact that the cabinets' texture is continued on it. Looks great. Can't comment on reliability other then that in 14 years we've had almost no problems with ours.

2. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I decided not to get a SZ after all. I'm going to get the Frigidaire's that antirabbit recommends.

3. freshcutgrass

freshcutgrass Senior member

Used to...but no longer. Too bad too...it had its own drawer you could access separately from the main freezer door.

The Sub-Zero Pro 48 also has an ice maker that fills a separate stainless drawer with about 8lbs at a time.

Another well-made (American) fridge I would recommend for residential use is Northland.

They have so many options, you basically custom order your fridge. They come in fridge-only, freezer-only, freezer top combos, side-by-side, and matching wine storage units (with an optional Humidrawerâ„¢ cigar storage compartment... a self-contained humidor that preserves up to 200 cigars in four adjustable, Spanish cedar lined compartments).

They all come in 18", 24", 30", 36", 42", 48" widths. pick whatever interior options you want (shelving, racks, temperature zones, ice maker). Pick whatever doors you want (glass, stainless, colours, regular handles, handle-less). All fridge/freezer/defrost functions/mechanicals are also housed in a completely separate module.

The price isn't cheap, but still lower than SZ I think, but leaves you with high quality, good looks and much more versatility.

KGB

4. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

Used to...but no longer. Too bad too...it had its own drawer you could access separately from the main freezer door. The Sub-Zero Pro 48 also has an ice maker that fills a separate stainless drawer with about 8lbs at a time. Another well-made (American) fridge I would recommend for residential use is Northland. They have so many options, you basically custom order your fridge. They come in fridge-only, freezer-only, freezer top combos, side-by-side, and matching wine storage units (with an optional Humidrawerâ„¢ cigar storage compartment... a self-contained humidor that preserves up to 200 cigars in four adjustable, Spanish cedar lined compartments). They all come in 18", 24", 30", 36", 42", 48" widths. pick whatever interior options you want (shelving, racks, temperature zones, ice maker). Pick whatever doors you want (glass, stainless, colours, regular handles, handle-less). All fridge/freezer/defrost functions/mechanicals are also housed in a completely separate module. The price isn't cheap, but still lower than SZ I think, but leaves you with high quality, good looks and much more versatility. KGB
    Thanks for the tip KGB. That looks like a much better bet than SZ. I like that I can have a big fridge with a smaller freezer. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

6. BankerBoi

BankerBoi Senior member

Recently I came to know that there is a website named http://www.something or other.com which is a free website that will “watch”
    items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.It got so awesome!
    Good luck everybody![​IMG]

Awesome first post.
    Free delivery of the fridge, too ?

7. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Appliances are for small timers. I only use a fridge to keep beverages cold and to make ice. Apparently I would be better served by a $3,000 ice maker.
    That's why it's good you went into BIGLAW.

8. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's why it's good you went into BIGLAW.

Does BIGLAW even exist anymore? More like BIGSUX.

9. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Does BIGLAW even exist anymore? More like BIGSUX.

As a junior partner at Wachtell, you are more entitled than am I to pass judgment on this.

10. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

As a junior partner at Wachtell, you are more entitled than am I to pass judgment on this.

Ha, you just gave yourself away: (1) Wachtell is too big time to have junior partners, and (2) I am too big time for Wachtell.

11. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

This feels like a rolex/patek comparison topic in the form of refrigerators. Interesting. All I'm really concerned with is which one was used in American Psycho to store the hooker's head. [​IMG] looks like a sub-zero from here.

12. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

This feels like a rolex/patek comparison topic in the form of refrigerators.

More like jaguar and land rover, a race to which one will break down first.

13. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Sub-zero has by far the worst reliability in the industry. See here.... [​IMG] If you only want Sub-zero for the looks, then consider a Kitchen Aid. Some of the more expensive KA models look nearly as impressive as the Sub-zero visually, yet have the reliability of a Whirlpool.