• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stylish way to carry an SLR?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Nice looking camera. Very similar in design to the Leica D-Lux 3 & 4. Adding a viewfinder would probably make the camera too large to be pocketable.
It would be nice if they went the route of a small optical viewfinder like the Canon SD powershots, if not optical, atleast an EVF would've made a nice compliment.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
It would be nice if they went the route of a small optical viewfinder like the Canon SD powershots, if not optical, atleast an EVF would've made a nice compliment.

I'm sure you'll see EVF on something besides the g1.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
My setup right now is relatively small, so it's all just thrown in my 17" Freitag bag. Got my camera body, one lens, external flash, softbox, off-camera shoe chord, and I'm good to go.

paradoxbox

Reaction score
nikon has you all fooled anyway, the 95% viewfinder is from corner to corner. you're still losing a whole whack of viewable space on the edges. who cares though, all of the pro camera bodies have viewfinders far better than "good enough". i have a d2x and its viewfinder is fantastic.

p.s. the most stylish way to carry an slr is bandolier style over one of your shoulders (i.e. it hangs off your shoulder, not around your neck).

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by paradoxbox
p.s. the most stylish way to carry an slr is bandolier style over one of your shoulders (i.e. it hangs off your shoulder, not around your neck).

This I agree with!

milosh

Reaction score
My Hadley arrived a few days ago.

_DSC3994.jpg

It's amazing!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
That's how I carry my cameras.

What do you wear? I need to get some camera-friendly clothes. Not a fan of wearing-out my borrelli and bespoke with heavy camera gear. I've gone in to regular mall stores and cringed at what I saw for the most part. I need to find some cheap, unstructured jackets that fit well and don't look horrible.

milosh

Reaction score
I ordered it from Morris Photo while my friend was in the UK. Before I ordered, I saw a lot of pictures of it but it is actually much nicer than in the pictures.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
What do you wear? I need to get some camera-friendly clothes. Not a fan of wearing-out my borrelli and bespoke with heavy camera gear. I've gone in to regular mall stores and cringed at what I saw for the most part. I need to find some cheap, unstructured jackets that fit well and don't look horrible.

I suppose the straps have put some patina in the shoulders of my leather jacket, but otherwise I can't say this is something I worry about. I don't often go out photographing in a suit or sport jacket. That said, bespoke oxford shirt and merino sweater are pretty standard from fall through spring. Really, whether or not I'm carrying my camera gear doesn't dictate how I dress.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're carrying a Hadley, some kind of safari shirt is clearly in order.

milosh

Reaction score
Maybe a pith helmet wouldn't be too far out.

Bullitt

Reaction score
The most stylish and convenient way to carry your heavy photo equipment is definitely having it carried by an assistant... I noticed this old thread because at the moment I am looking for a stylish way to carry light equipment - one body, two lenses. I like the Billingham Hadley bag, mentioned here before. Here are some other good looking bags I found: Domke F2 Original Bag
Bild3-1.jpg
ACAM-7000 Camera Bag
Bild2-1.jpg
Carnier leather bag
Bild1-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads