• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish non-flipflop sandals?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't stand wearing flip flops because of the thong portion in between my toes. Also, on the odd occasion that I do wear them, I have to constantly clench my foot muscles in a way such that the flip flops don't come flying off as I walk. I don't understand how other people find them comfortable and can walk in them so effortlessly, but I HATE flip flops with a burning passion. That being said, I can't find many other stylish non-flipflop options on zappos and I don't know where to begin. Do you guys have any recommendations? What do you guys think of these?
1217197-p-2x.jpg
vs
1420289-p-2x.jpg

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your budget?

Ralph Lauren and John Varatos typically have a pair or two.

Lower end Zara has a few this season

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im going to sound like a broken record but kva and neil barrett have some good options. prorsum has a few ive seen that i like. theres some simple jil sander flip flops(leather strap across the foot,no thong) on yoox. commom projects and acne also have a few sandal options.

ive been looking but i hate being barefoot
ffffuuuu.gif

you can even get some pierre hardy cut-out sneakers
laugh.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
those acne ones look suspiciously similar to the ann d ones no ?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those up there are fugly^. mmm and cp had pairs this season that look relatively the same. that's what i would suggest.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
those acne ones look suspiciously similar to the ann d ones no ?

the acne with the ankle strap or straight flip flop? ive not seen any recent ann d sanadals
redface.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
the acne with the ankle strap or straight flip flop? ive not seen any recent ann d sanadals
redface.gif

was thinking of these, there's not much to them. guess they aren't that similar aside from the obvious
2PpzB.jpg
wZrQb.jpg

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
was thinking of these, there's not much to them. guess they aren't that similar aside from the obvious

2PpzB.jpg
wZrQb.jpg

what are those sandals on the bottom right?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
acne, cost a third of the ann d and look to be made of a third of the material too

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
acne, cost a third of the ann d and look to be made of a third of the material too

where can i find those? can't find them anywhere on the intrawebz..

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads