"stylish" Headphones?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by eglbc, Feb 1, 2010.

1. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

I was wondering if the audiophile guys can recommend a pair of headphones for the office that look different than the usual fare and preform well? Looked at the panasonic rphx7 [​IMG] But im concerned these may be on the low end of sound quality due to price. Anything in the 100$ give or take range? [​IMG] these koss pro3aa's look pretty solid and got great reviews on cnet. eskuche [​IMG] Havent heard of these guys, any experiences? [​IMG] these aiaiai's look very unique, and cnet had a good review. It doesnt seem like they would isolate the sound much however. What are features I should look for when making my decision? Thanks, E

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

3. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

The sound of Grado is good. Most people rate them as some of the best. But I never felt comfortable wearing mine so I gave them away.

4. Artisan Fan

The sound of Grado is good. Most people rate them as some of the best. But I never felt comfortable wearing mine so I gave them away.
    I just got a pair of 225s which are sublime. Nice detail but very musical. A nice upgrade from my Grado 125s. Many consider them to be the sweetspot in the line. Comfort is an issue for some but the bowls fit my ears fine. I am comfy even on long recording sessions. The RS-1 are some of the best headphones. The very best is probably Stax Omega which I listen to at hifi shows a lot.

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

I've found that having one of these thingies helps me wear phones for a longer period of time. [​IMG]

6. Artisan Fan

I've found that having one of these thingies helps me wear the phones for a longer period of time.

[​IMG]

You can buy one of those is a very comfy lambskin for the Grado line:

http://www.headphone.com/accessories...n-headband.php

7. willpower

willpower Senior member

8. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Are these for home or mobile use?

9. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

office- so I would like something that doesn't create to much "outside noise"

10. axe

axe Senior member

office- so I would like something that doesn't create to much "outside noise"
    You need closed headphones then. They will block outside noise, and won't emit as much ambient sound.

I LOVE my Beyer 770 Pros.

[​IMG]

11. coldarchon

coldarchon Senior member

[​IMG]

got these, took out all the stuff inside, put my jogging phones in there and got stylish headphones. actually I got ones from a tank commander, so there are some huge rubber protectors included ..

12. Artisan Fan

I have learned that upgrading the cable can be very worthwhile. My recording buddy has some Senns with the Cardas cable upgrade and that makes a noticeable difference over the stock cord.

Also, not all iPods sound the same.

13. axe

axe Senior member

I have learned that upgrading the cable can be very worthwhile. My recording buddy has some Senns with the Cardas cable upgrade and that makes a noticeable difference over the stock cord.
    [​IMG] Does he have Monster High-Speed HDMI cables at home, too?

14. Artisan Fan

[​IMG]

Does he have Monster High-Speed HDMI cables at home, too?

You show a lack of experience if you think better cables don't matter on cans.

15. axe

axe Senior member

You show a lack of experience if you think better cables don't matter on cans.
    I'm too sure [​IMG] If they don't matter on speakers (they don't, BTW), they won't matter on headphones either.