1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

"stylish" Headphones?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by eglbc, Feb 1, 2010.

1. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

I was wondering if the audiophile guys can recommend a pair of headphones for the office that look different than the usual fare and preform well? Looked at the panasonic rphx7 [​IMG] But im concerned these may be on the low end of sound quality due to price. Anything in the 100$ give or take range? [​IMG] these koss pro3aa's look pretty solid and got great reviews on cnet. eskuche [​IMG] Havent heard of these guys, any experiences? [​IMG] these aiaiai's look very unique, and cnet had a good review. It doesnt seem like they would isolate the sound much however. What are features I should look for when making my decision? Thanks, E

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

3. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

The sound of Grado is good. Most people rate them as some of the best. But I never felt comfortable wearing mine so I gave them away.

4. Artisan Fan

The sound of Grado is good. Most people rate them as some of the best. But I never felt comfortable wearing mine so I gave them away.
    I just got a pair of 225s which are sublime. Nice detail but very musical. A nice upgrade from my Grado 125s. Many consider them to be the sweetspot in the line. Comfort is an issue for some but the bowls fit my ears fine. I am comfy even on long recording sessions. The RS-1 are some of the best headphones. The very best is probably Stax Omega which I listen to at hifi shows a lot.

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

I've found that having one of these thingies helps me wear phones for a longer period of time. [​IMG]

6. Artisan Fan

I've found that having one of these thingies helps me wear the phones for a longer period of time.

[​IMG]

You can buy one of those is a very comfy lambskin for the Grado line:

http://www.headphone.com/accessories...n-headband.php

7. willpower

willpower Senior member

8. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Are these for home or mobile use?

9. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

office- so I would like something that doesn't create to much "outside noise"

10. axe

axe Senior member

office- so I would like something that doesn't create to much "outside noise"
    You need closed headphones then. They will block outside noise, and won't emit as much ambient sound.

I LOVE my Beyer 770 Pros.

[​IMG]

11. coldarchon

coldarchon Senior member

[​IMG]

got these, took out all the stuff inside, put my jogging phones in there and got stylish headphones. actually I got ones from a tank commander, so there are some huge rubber protectors included ..

12. Artisan Fan

I have learned that upgrading the cable can be very worthwhile. My recording buddy has some Senns with the Cardas cable upgrade and that makes a noticeable difference over the stock cord.

Also, not all iPods sound the same.

13. axe

axe Senior member

I have learned that upgrading the cable can be very worthwhile. My recording buddy has some Senns with the Cardas cable upgrade and that makes a noticeable difference over the stock cord.
    [​IMG] Does he have Monster High-Speed HDMI cables at home, too?

14. Artisan Fan

[​IMG]

Does he have Monster High-Speed HDMI cables at home, too?

You show a lack of experience if you think better cables don't matter on cans.

15. axe

axe Senior member

You show a lack of experience if you think better cables don't matter on cans.
    I'm too sure [​IMG] If they don't matter on speakers (they don't, BTW), they won't matter on headphones either.

16. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

i loved the styling comfort, and even sound quality of my AKGs (240s & 401s)

alas, in-ear phones are superior in every way

[​IMG]

17. zillka

zillka Senior member

people who use anything outside of earbuds on the street are utter assclowns...

if you're a dj and use this for your set at guest house on west 27th to bring home an 8(night)/6(day) from short hills, nj then it would suffice

18. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

people who use anything outside of earbuds on the street are utter assclowns...
    Why's that? Earbuds are uncomfortable, bad for your hearing, and you can get better sound for your money with headphones. I guess maybe if looks are all you care about, I don't know.

19. Rod

Rod Member

20. zillka

zillka Senior member

I don't know.

this.