1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stylish, Functional and Durable Winter Boots - Too much to ask?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by korce, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

Anyone want to post fit pics of the Katahdins?

2. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

I'm about to pull the trigger on some red wings, the RW Inspired ones. Can anyone give me an idea of how they fit? I'm a pretty true 10.5, but I heard they fit a little big.

3. acconrad

acconrad Senior member

I cannot believe I've perused 4 pages of this and no one has mentioned Bean Boots:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...rom=SR&feat=sr

Rain, snow, sleat...they work. Cheap, and they're so guaranteed to be awesome you'll never have to buy another pair again. EVER. I really have no idea why anyone is debating this...

4. Vogizzle

Vogizzle Well-Known Member

I cannot believe I've perused 4 pages of this and no one has mentioned Bean Boots: http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...rom=SR&feat=sr Rain, snow, sleat...they work. Cheap, and they're so guaranteed to be awesome you'll never have to buy another pair again. EVER. I really have no idea why anyone is debating this...
    Because they look retarded?

5. Doin' Fine.

Doin' Fine. Senior member

NO U.

6. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Retarded or not I'm still getting a pair.

7. mmm

mmm Senior member

Sorel's look somewhat similar but with less retard.
    [​IMG]

8. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

+1

Sorel's look somewhat similar but with less retard.

Great for the outdoors. Extremely warm and dry. Not an everyday boot, though.

9. mmm

mmm Senior member

Its true that you probably dont want to wear the sorels everyday but for the people who were willing to go with the bean boots Id say the sorel's are a better choice.

10. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

FWIW-- I just got the LL Bean Katadhin Boot in size 11 and they fit great. I'd like to weatherize them and wondering which product works better -- some sno-seal or Obenauf ?

11. korce

korce Senior member

Its true that you probably dont want to wear the sorels everyday but for the people who were willing to go with the bean boots Id say the sorel's are a better choice.

I just wish that Sorel's were still made in Canada. I'm still rockin' the same pair I had 10 years ago, and they're going strong. Somehow I doubt the Vietnamese made ones have the same quality...certainly the leather doesn't compare at all (except for the $400 bison ones...)

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

lol @ the wh boots in the first page (i roll on 40post per, bitches) before the boots actually came out and were hyped. Still like the distressed models better but pretty cool.

I like those black sorels and the geller coated parka on the first page though. The rest of the fit is lame but those two pieces are spot on. Might look into those sorels to wear this winter

13. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

(i roll on 40post per, bitches)

word.

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I also a bit surprised of the lack of bean boot recommendations. I have the the 10" bison which is good, especially in wet/cold conditions. You´ll need some good wool socks in freezing weather though, since the rubber offer little in the way of insulation and warmth.
    Sorels are probably better for really cold weather.

Red Wings 875 and simliar style´s have served me well as winter boots (in the city). Good enough traction, the thick leather gives both warmt and breathes.

15. bob_gnarly

bob_gnarly Senior member

I'm about to pull the trigger on some red wings, the RW Inspired ones. Can anyone give me an idea of how they fit? I'm a pretty true 10.5, but I heard they fit a little big.

I have a pair, and ordered a half size down from what i usually buy. I wear a 12 in most shoes, converse, vans, adidas. Got an 11.5 in the RW inspired boots and they fit good with the sufficient toe room that i like. With a thick pair of socks they fit like a glove.

16. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

I have a pair, and ordered a half size down from what i usually buy. I wear a 12 in most shoes, converse, vans, adidas. Got an 11.5 in the RW inspired boots and they fit good with the sufficient toe room that i like. With a thick pair of socks they fit like a glove.

thanks!

17. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

You couldn't pay me enough to wear bean boots anywhere but on a farm.

18. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

19. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

You couldn't pay me enough to wear bean boots anywhere but on a farm.

What, wheres the preppy PP??

20. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

True to size. Just got a pair. Go up to 11 to allow for thicker socks.