• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sorta want to add a wild card frame into my order from Moscot but I can't choose a pair other than the hesh and emile that would look good on my face.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
-6.50 is not that bad. Another factor is how wide your eyes are set apart. The larger they are set apart, the thinner your lenses will look. Many factors. But if you go to a good optical, they will be able to find you a style you like while still getting you thin lenses. There are also tricks as to how they cut the lenses. You can take the same lenses and same frames and make the lenses look thinner. Find a good optical and stick with them...

Hahaha asian nose. I can't have them too wide apart. Yes i will have to look for a decent optical place. I usually go to asian ones, b/c they can get me frames / lenses a little cheaper. Never thought of the quality of work they do.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Hahaha asian nose. I can't have them too wide apart. Yes i will have to look for a decent optical place. I usually go to asian ones, b/c they can get me frames / lenses a little cheaper. Never thought of the quality of work they do.

lol. look for "asia fit". I am asian and have seen a lot of people with that problem. Polo Ralph Lauren has a bigger plastic frame that you are looking for, and it has nose pads Polo Ralph Lauren, not Polo, not Ralph, there are like 6-7 lines from Ralph Lauren and not all stores will carry the same frames) The nose pads dont give it the same feel because they are not flat on your face, but at least you get the look of a thick plastic frame.
wink.gif

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got Moscot Emile in the mail yesterday and the Moscot Hesh. I like the Emile better out of the two. I got them sent to me and I'm going to send them back and get my prescription put in them. I fail at taking pictures of myself but any criticism?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ya, you know I'm going to wait till I get can my girlfriend to take a picture with her camera. I just have a ****** webcam.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm having a really hard time finding glasses that I like on me. I bought Moscot emile and I'm not so sure about them. My girlfriend really likes them and everyone I have asked had said yes, I'm not sure though. I get a lot of compliments at work about my resemblance to James Dean or Marlon Brando and I feel like these glasses ruin it; gives me a bad Buddy Holly look. Only two pictures I have, one is sorta an awkward Lips Xbox moment that my friend took.

Moscot Emile
emile-black.jpg

On Me
1312033.jpg

DSCN1836.jpg

contemplating these now
dannee-45-black.jpg

Eagle

Reaction score
While I'm not sure how stylish they are, the two eyeglass frames I prefer using these days are Randolf Engineering's aviator frames (an old habit from my time with the USAF) and Anglo Americans 406, Tortoise shell frames.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new pair of black Ray-Ban RB5020, similar to Clubmasters but smaller to suit my asian face.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can view Super frames online? I've tried searching with Google but couldn't really find anything.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
I'd like to see more pictures of people wearing their frames (thanks coldsnap), helps me get an idea of what would look decent on me since I don't have any good vendors around.

Good idea. I would suggest not too look online though, because most "models" wearing frames dont even look good in them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads