stylish eye glasses

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackplatano, Nov 4, 2006.

1. grunhauser

grunhauser Senior member

Eyebrows show too much in that Polo frame. You'd be better off switching it around - Clubmasters for specs, Polo for sunnies.

BB Black Fleece dude is probably wearing a BB frame, courtesy of Lenscrafters.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I am currently wearing my circa 1960s French tortoise-shell eyeframes; they are very light and comfortable. Something of a nerd-chic look, I suppose.

3. grunhauser

grunhauser Senior member

I have the "Sarah" that I picked up at the Optical Underground in San Francisco.
    I don't think MYKITA will be present there for a long time.

4. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

Anyone have recommendations for eyeglasses stores in DC?

5. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

if you're ready to do some serious splurging, BLINK is the place to go. lucky for me, my insurance covered my new frames.

i wear clear dolce & gabbana square frames, and it had been two years since i got new glasses so i lucked out in coverage.

6. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

Thanks for the info!

if you're ready to do some serious splurging, BLINK is the place to go. lucky for me, my insurance covered my new frames.

i wear clear dolce & gabbana square frames, and it had been two years since i got new glasses so i lucked out in coverage.

7. ethirtynine

ethirtynine Senior member

i know they look plain in the picture, but they were the few that i liked on my face. plastic frames dont work for me. actually, now that i think of it, if i were buying online, i would have just glossed over this pair. good thing i looked for glasses in person.

[​IMG]

8. WorkingTitle

WorkingTitle Senior member

I think I am going to hit up Spectacles for Humans this weekend and see what they are all about. Can't wait.

9. rxcats

rxcats Senior member

My flexible spending (healthcare) account Visa has been reloaded for 2008. With all of this talk about glasses, I know what I will be doing on Monday. The last pair of glasses I bought were Oliver People's "Alter-Ego". I purchased them at some place on Maiden Lane (in SF). I am going to check out Glitter Optics near Macy's Union Square. I stopped in there once and they seemed to have a very nice selection. Yelp gives them very good reviews. I'll also check out Optical Underground; I have purchased glasses there before, but they are kind of hit or miss.

10. rxcats

rxcats Senior member

I just got back from Glitter Optics. The guy there was very helpful. He had me try on a bunch of frames and critiqued them on me. They don't take VSP anymore, but will give members a 20% discount on frames and lenses. He also filled out and gave me a form for VSP out-of-network reimbursement. I'll get another $90.00 back from that. My total for Booth & Bruce frames with single vision high-index Transition lenses with anti-reflective/scratch coating was $447.20 (minus the $90.00 I'll get back for VSP!). The frames are unique and modern looking, but not too wild. I usually wear contact lenses, and have several pairs of glasses (OK about 8 or 9 pairs), so I needed something that was not too neutral. I can't remember the style name, but I'll find out when I pick them up next week. If I can find a link to it, I'll post it.

11. pantheist

pantheist Senior member

georgetown optician on wisconsin.

12. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Senior member

My new Oliver Goldsmith "Carl" in Bottle Green, with prescription lenses (the included Carl Zeiss lenses were annoying). What do you guys think of them?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

I like the frames quite a lot, but for me, not you. [​IMG]

14. xchen

xchen Senior member

I think they really look good with your longer hair.

15. cleicht

cleicht Senior member

can anybody please hook me up with a spot to find some decent frames in...gasp...raleigh, nc? please? i'm hurting here. thanks.