stylish backpack

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dirtrider123, Mar 2, 2008.

1. funkdoobi

funkdoobi Senior member

a majority of the bags posted here are hideous.

[​IMG]

simple bag that'll last

if you want something even more rugged that'll last forever, go grab one of those filsons with like 22oz canvas.

2. Diamond09

Diamond09 New Member

With style your backpack for school..should also have following qualities...

"¢ It should be spacious enough to easily store all the student's materials.
    "¢ It should have sufficient pockets for non-book items - perhaps even a holder for water bottles or cell phones.
    "¢ It should have wide and soft straps to help distribute the weight and make it easier to carry.
    "¢ The straps should have high tensile strength.
    "¢ The backpack should be double stitched.
    "¢ Zippers should be of good quality so they do not rust. (Some days it may rain - and zippers that rust may ruin an otherwise good backpack once winter starts.)
    "¢ Handles that are reinforced are a plus. This is often a weak spot for those students who regularly overload their backpacks. Look for extra stitching and backing in these areas.
    "¢ The book bag should also look attractive to the student.

3. jslade

jslade Senior member

I really like this Makr one. I wonder if I could find it on sale anywhere, as the $290 price tag is a bit steep for what it is. Cotton duck and Horween leather, for anyone who's curious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

[​IMG]

5. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

i know a while back some people were talking about herschel supply bags. I bought the village backpack last year, and found it to be so poorly made I sent an email to the company with some complaints and suggestions for improving the bag. they apologized and had me mail mine back for an exchange. However, the exchange took 2 months and the bag I received is definitely not something I would buy again. As mentioned before, the leather on the bottom of the bag is artificial/crappy, and the zippers and stitching are not too great. Overall, not a bag I would recommend.

6. roryben

roryben Senior member

i know a while back some people were talking about herschel supply bags. I bought the village backpack last year, and found it to be so poorly made I sent an email to the company with some complaints and suggestions for improving the bag. they apologized and had me mail mine back for an exchange. However, the exchange took 2 months and the bag I received is definitely not something I would buy again. As mentioned before, the leather on the bottom of the bag is artificial/crappy, and the zippers and stitching are not too great. Overall, not a bag I would recommend.

Thanks - I was wondering about these.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

I got a Herschel claim for my Dad since he used to have one similar to it ages ago. It has a lot better straps than some of the other packs by Herschel.

He likes it and at the price point can you really complain?

http://needsupply.com/claim.html

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

alta dena rucksack nuff said

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Edit: I realize this might not fit in exactly with this thread, but here goes anyway: I've got this one from Epperson. Inventory has another style, and Garbstore also has this in blue & red. I think the pack looks great, it definitely leaves something to be desired in comfort, but I'm happy with it. [​IMG]

10. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

^if there were only one of those leather patches and one belt loop I would be all over it

11. poorman

poorman Senior member

12. Stewbone

Stewbone Senior member

13. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

14. poorman

poorman Senior member

That thing is pretty fug.

I wouldn't necessarily describe that bag as stylish but I do think it's awesome!

15. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior member

Would a filson rucksack be too "stylish" for a first year university student? Size is not an issue.