1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

stylish backpack

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dirtrider123, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I wish I could afford this Bill Amberg number right now...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gorgeous, I'm a big fan of Bill Amberg.

2. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Likewise. I have quite a few items from him.
    And I can't praise their customer service enough. I had a selvage lugger that I bought a couple of years ago. Never really used it until recently, decided to take it on a short trip to Portugal as my carry-on, and the fabric around the handle ripped.
    I contacted their Burlington Arcade store, and they changed if for a new one, no questions asked. No proof of purchase (I can't remember where I bought it from frankly... I think it was Oi Polloi). Had to change the color, but I really didn't mind in the light of the excellent customer service.

Oh and check out their website. They have some ridiculous deals going on. I would have bought the Double Canvas Truffle bag in the sale (sold out now in canvas) if I didn't have a Filson doing the job right now.

3. the shah

the shah Senior member

Gorgeous, I'm a big fan of Bill Amberg.

interestingly another brit keeps telling me this too

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Oh and check out their website. They have some ridiculous deals going on. I would have bought the Double Canvas Truffle bag in the sale (sold out now in canvas) if I didn't have a Filson doing the job right now.

Thanks. my wife was wondering what to get me for my birthday. I might have to leave the laptop screen 'accidentally' unattended on his site [​IMG]

5. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Glad I could be of assistance.[​IMG]
    interestingly another brit keeps telling me this too
    His products are genuinely excellent imho... Good worksmanship (until this bag at least), well thought-out.

6. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I've never seen a good looking backpack. Maybe Louis Vuitton but that'd be so gaudy.

7. syang451

syang451 Active Member

wow... ^^
    that blows everything else outta the water

8. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

I like...

[​IMG]

and Synth's

[​IMG]

Trying to decide.. the men's bag looks like it'd be big on me heh.

9. bows1

bows1 Senior member

10. ashenwreck

ashenwreck Senior member

11. funkdoobi

funkdoobi Senior member

a majority of the bags posted here are hideous.

[​IMG]

simple bag that'll last

if you want something even more rugged that'll last forever, go grab one of those filsons with like 22oz canvas.

12. Diamond09

Diamond09 New Member

With style your backpack for school..should also have following qualities...

"¢ It should be spacious enough to easily store all the student's materials.
    "¢ It should have sufficient pockets for non-book items - perhaps even a holder for water bottles or cell phones.
    "¢ It should have wide and soft straps to help distribute the weight and make it easier to carry.
    "¢ The straps should have high tensile strength.
    "¢ The backpack should be double stitched.
    "¢ Zippers should be of good quality so they do not rust. (Some days it may rain - and zippers that rust may ruin an otherwise good backpack once winter starts.)
    "¢ Handles that are reinforced are a plus. This is often a weak spot for those students who regularly overload their backpacks. Look for extra stitching and backing in these areas.
    "¢ The book bag should also look attractive to the student.

13. jslade

jslade Senior member

I really like this Makr one. I wonder if I could find it on sale anywhere, as the $290 price tag is a bit steep for what it is. Cotton duck and Horween leather, for anyone who's curious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. the shah

the shah Senior member

15. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

i know a while back some people were talking about herschel supply bags. I bought the village backpack last year, and found it to be so poorly made I sent an email to the company with some complaints and suggestions for improving the bag. they apologized and had me mail mine back for an exchange. However, the exchange took 2 months and the bag I received is definitely not something I would buy again. As mentioned before, the leather on the bottom of the bag is artificial/crappy, and the zippers and stitching are not too great. Overall, not a bag I would recommend.

1 person likes this.
  16. roryben

roryben Senior member

i know a while back some people were talking about herschel supply bags. I bought the village backpack last year, and found it to be so poorly made I sent an email to the company with some complaints and suggestions for improving the bag. they apologized and had me mail mine back for an exchange. However, the exchange took 2 months and the bag I received is definitely not something I would buy again. As mentioned before, the leather on the bottom of the bag is artificial/crappy, and the zippers and stitching are not too great. Overall, not a bag I would recommend.

Thanks - I was wondering about these.

17. stevent

stevent Senior member

I got a Herschel claim for my Dad since he used to have one similar to it ages ago. It has a lot better straps than some of the other packs by Herschel.

He likes it and at the price point can you really complain?

http://needsupply.com/claim.html

18. jet

jet Senior member

alta dena rucksack nuff said

19. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Edit: I realize this might not fit in exactly with this thread, but here goes anyway: I've got this one from Epperson. Inventory has another style, and Garbstore also has this in blue & red. I think the pack looks great, it definitely leaves something to be desired in comfort, but I'm happy with it. [​IMG]

20. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

^if there were only one of those leather patches and one belt loop I would be all over it