• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styling products for thin hair?

Mitch D

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any members who,like me,have to deal with fine,gradually thinning hair. Moose seems so 80s,and gel just weights and separates my hair further. Does anyone have any suggestions for shampoo/styling products to help clean,volumize,and control? Thank you in advance.
biggrin.gif

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kms molding paste
it was allegedly developed for thin haired people as it contains plant protein in the paste to add weight to your thin hair and therefore some volume

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I have fairly thick hair, but I will put in a plug for American Crew Texture Cream. It is not nearly as heavy as gel, but does a good job for me. I would think it work quite well for those with thinning hair as well.

Bradford

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
I have fairly thick hair, but I will put in a plug for American Crew Texture Cream. It is not nearly as heavy as gel, but does a good job for me. I would think it work quite well for those with thinning hair as well.

Bradford

I just use a small amount of pomade and a fine comb to style my thin hair. I am double screwed since I also have light blonde hair so the thinning shows even more but it seems to work so far.

I wont be able to hide it much longer but it works for now.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take Saw Palmetto and Beta Sitosterol to slow down your hair loss. Use Nizoral shampoo http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.co...ir-growth.html This is chick is a bit obnoxious, but some decent advice
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

heavy D

Reaction score
The texturing products are a good reco. You good also try blow drying just a bit after a shower, along with a brush, which will help thicken it. Put a little product in before you start.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cantile
Thickening Lotion by American Crew - This is probably my favorite styling product for thinning hair, because it seems to add actual volume and thickness to the hair, instead of just "fluffing it up." To use the Thickening Lotion, just apply a small amount of product to your hands, then run your fingers through your hair.for preference, follow it,

Discontinued

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how thin you mean, but I shower, put some wax in my wet hair, towel dry a bit so the wax gets around more uniformly, then blow dry. It looks odd first couple of hours, but looks better after that. My hair is thinnish and annoyling lies flat like a medieval monk, so this process (usually) works for me.

edit: wow OP, 81 posts in the last 7 years?! you are one of the elders

carlodalid1

Reaction score
How about applying hair oil half an hour before taking a bath? That way, you can help yourself so that your hair does not become much whight. If they have already become whight, try colouring them , so that tohers do not get to know that you are getting older. That is the usual thing that many old people do. Keeps you young physically and young at heart. I have also got my hair coloured
smile.gif

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take aminoacids for the gym.

They will do your hair stronger. I gave it to my mother and now has a stronger hair.

a2t

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford

Bradford

I don't know if it's the same, but I have used american crew forming cream for my very straight/frizzy hair. Also, rather than not washing with shampoo at all, I have settled on using a very small amount and scrubbing for a very reduced period. Looks clean but not nearly as frizzy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads