Styling products for thin hair?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Mitch D, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Mitch D

Mitch D Well-Known Member

I was wondering if there are any members who,like me,have to deal with fine,gradually thinning hair. Moose seems so 80s,and gel just weights and separates my hair further. Does anyone have any suggestions for shampoo/styling products to help clean,volumize,and control? Thank you in advance. [​IMG]

2. hermes

hermes Senior member

kms molding paste
    it was allegedly developed for thin haired people as it contains plant protein in the paste to add weight to your thin hair and therefore some volume

3. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I have fairly thick hair, but I will put in a plug for American Crew Texture Cream. It is not nearly as heavy as gel, but does a good job for me. I would think it work quite well for those with thinning hair as well.

Bradford

4. Exit English

Exit English Senior member

I have fairly thick hair, but I will put in a plug for American Crew Texture Cream. It is not nearly as heavy as gel, but does a good job for me. I would think it work quite well for those with thinning hair as well.

Bradford

I just use a small amount of pomade and a fine comb to style my thin hair. I am double screwed since I also have light blonde hair so the thinning shows even more but it seems to work so far.

I wont be able to hide it much longer but it works for now.

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

Take Saw Palmetto and Beta Sitosterol to slow down your hair loss. Use Nizoral shampoo http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.co...ir-growth.html This is chick is a bit obnoxious, but some decent advice
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

6. heavy D

heavy D Well-Known Member

The texturing products are a good reco. You good also try blow drying just a bit after a shower, along with a brush, which will help thicken it. Put a little product in before you start.

7. willpower

willpower Senior member

Thickening Lotion by American Crew - This is probably my favorite styling product for thinning hair, because it seems to add actual volume and thickness to the hair, instead of just "fluffing it up." To use the Thickening Lotion, just apply a small amount of product to your hands, then run your fingers through your hair.for preference, follow it,

Discontinued

8. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

Not sure how thin you mean, but I shower, put some wax in my wet hair, towel dry a bit so the wax gets around more uniformly, then blow dry. It looks odd first couple of hours, but looks better after that. My hair is thinnish and annoyling lies flat like a medieval monk, so this process (usually) works for me.

edit: wow OP, 81 posts in the last 7 years?! you are one of the elders

9. carlodalid1

carlodalid1 Member

How about applying hair oil half an hour before taking a bath? That way, you can help yourself so that your hair does not become much whight. If they have already become whight, try colouring them , so that tohers do not get to know that you are getting older. That is the usual thing that many old people do. Keeps you young physically and young at heart. I have also got my hair coloured [​IMG]

10. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

Take aminoacids for the gym.

They will do your hair stronger. I gave it to my mother and now has a stronger hair.

11. a2t

a2t Member

Bradford

I don't know if it's the same, but I have used american crew forming cream for my very straight/frizzy hair. Also, rather than not washing with shampoo at all, I have settled on using a very small amount and scrubbing for a very reduced period. Looks clean but not nearly as frizzy.