• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STYLEOFF (WAYWN tiebreaker) PART II: Color

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Presenting, the second round for the first time, the WAYWN tiebreaker styleoff. Today is color day. Once both Rye and Sauce have posted fits, I will open the polls for 24 hours, and round one will be closed...

Gentlemen...

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
iTunes Playing For The Beat Down: 6am Morningside by The Clientele from the record Suburban Light Old Nam Jacket. YSL Rive Gauche jumper. AA 50/50 crew. Acne Max Cash Jeans. Dior Homme Black Vinyl Belt. Dunks of the Hyper Beast.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
So at first I laughed when LA Guy told me I should borrow my fiancee's clothes for this round. "Haha," I chuckled. "Ha. Ha."

Then I thought about it... why not? To that end, I tried on one of the most colorful items of clothing she'd let me wear:

wayw0421dress.jpg

Unfortunately, I broke the heel on the sexy slingbacks I was GOING to wear with this fit. GODDAMMIT. So Rye, if you beat me, that's why. I'm blaming the shoes.

Instead, I had to settle for this:

wayw0421.jpg

wayw0421walkback.jpg

And some Philly love:

wayw0421walk30st.jpg

Just remember, Rye: if I hadn't snapped a heel, you'd be toast. History, man.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Just remember, Rye: if I hadn't snapped a heel, you'd be toast. History, man.
Those Nudies look great, but the dress is mmmmm, Jet will pound a few out to that pic!
laugh.gif
Looks like Philly stole Cali's weather, make the most of it girlfriend!.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Those Nudies look great, but the dress is mmmmm, Jet will pound a few out to that pic!
laugh.gif

Already have!

Hey fool I'm coming to LA in a minute, I'll let you clean my wheels.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I like how Sauce combines the sunglasses with the dress. Very David Beckham circa 2000.

Oh, and Rye, that is a sweater. A jumper is a poor bugger who realizes that his corporate existence is meaningless, and is standing on the ledge of his 30th storey office, ready to make a statement.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I have to say that I like how Sauce combines the sunglasses with the dress. Very David Beckham circa 2000. Oh, and Rye, that is a sweater. A jumper is a poor bugger who realizes that his corporate existence is meaningless, and is standing on the ledge of his 30th storey office, ready to make a statement.
Oh, I thought a "sweater" was like a "gym bunny" "gym rat" "treadmill queen" "locker lurker" "steamroom stalker".

spider bytes

Reaction score
Voted Rye on this one. In terms of color, Sauce could pass by unnoticed. Ryes patches of color on the jacket + camo + the dunks = color spectrum covered without going over the top crayola .

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
laugh.gif

Looks like Philly stole Cali's weather, make the most of it girlfriend!.

Already am! Thanks, man. The rain moved on yet?

Originally Posted by whodini
I honestly have more respect for you as a man now than ever.

Does that mean I get to pitch next time?

Sabrosa

Reaction score
My question is, how did your fiancee react when you told you you wanted to wear one of her dresses so that you could take pictures for other guys on the internet "to vote on"?
laugh.gif

GameBoy

Reaction score
Rye has one of those looks the transends the rules here. This is the essene of style. The dunks are the key. Somehow, some way, the outfit works. The subtle hints of color on the jacket mesh with the austentatious sweater and the shoes. My vote goes to Rye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics