1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

StyleFourm vs. Hypebeast vs. SuFu

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TauKappaEpsilon, Aug 19, 2011.

1. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

I'm pretty new to these 3 forums but I'm only active on here so I was wondering if anyone could try to explain the differences between the 3 forums. Maybe a general stereotype of each forum would ever help.

Thanks!

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

3. TauKappaEpsilon

4. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

No need- he got it perfectly.

5. TauKappaEpsilon

What does he mean by Nikes and "Whites"? What are whites?

6. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Never heard of hypebeast and sufu. You got a link?

7. TauKappaEpsilon

hypebeast.com/forum
    superfuture.com

8. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

Oooh good game. Now do

BMW/Audi/Mercedes

9. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

10. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

eh, I'm not overly familiar with them but I'll take a stab.

SF (ignoring MC) is mostly a mix of traditional mid-western USA workwear and vintage style clothes, with a more recent bend towards minimalist high end designer-wear, often asian, etc. It's mostly about slim trim fits and textures, etc. SuFu is a bit more like the latter part of SF, probably edging more over to the runway/fashiony side of things, I'd say it's more trendy small designer wear stuff, where SF still has some MC influence in there. Hypebeast tends to be about very over-the-top, if I may say somewhat obnoxious items, typically random mixes of bright colored shoes, large logos, somewhat baggy fits, more of an urban street look, but at times with rather expensive items. There's also a strong interest in retro and vintage wear, but where SF is more about the chucks and common projects, Hypebeast is more about vintage nikes and new balance.

at least based on visiting each of the sites a few times... that's my general impression.

(and yes, I'm sure someone will quote me and make fun of it and say I'm way off base without giving a better explanation)

12. burningbright

In all fairness, the semi-dress is a nicer looking boot than the one I posted a pic of but still not a fan of the heel:

[​IMG]

Free & Easy had some pics of some collabs Rugged Museum did with White's to produce a sharkskin smoke jumper boot a year or two back that looked interesting. Not sure I'd wear it, but it looked interesting. I'll see if I scan a pic or two (nevermind, found one)

[​IMG]

13. burningbright

And I think Master-Classter's comparisons/descriptions are pretty accurate too.

14. Edris

Edris Senior member

This is quite accurate actually, though both SF SW&D and SuFu sometimes seem to consist of two completely different groups of users that coexist on the same forum (one part denim/workwear/americana and one part designer stuff (please forgive the rather inadequate descriptions)), yet they never seem to meet... On a related note, why don't any of the J-Crew and Clarks lovers on SF ever post in the WAYWT thread?

15. TauKappaEpsilon

Sufu seems to have a really good denim section. The APC thread on SuFu is all pictures and fir pictures where as the APC thread on SF is all the same sizing question over and over again.

I really dont post on either of the forums much, as I lurk more to see whats out there.

16. Another New Yorker

Another New Yorker Senior member

Now can we play AAAC, AAAC Trad, and MC?

17. Selvedged

Selvedged Senior member

Figured I would drop by this thread and post this here as I have been meaning to find out more about Super Future & HypeBeast.

I just registered in SuFu however when I tried to register on HB it said that my "invitation" was being sent to the admin for consideration. How do they work things over there with letting people join? is it run like some sort of exclusive club to keep it desireable?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  18. Kross

Kross Senior member

To me SF seems like a more mature and diverse version of SuFu.

19. sweep

sweep Well-Known Member

This place is def. more diverse, but to say that it's mature, even relatively speaking, just doesn't seem right.

20. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

SuFu has a lot of "issues" with accounts and the admins. Plus the layout is a pain in the ass to actually read through.

I think they definitely get in deeper on esoterica like various denim brands, but they are also susceptible to massive herd behavior on brands (more so than here anyway).

Hypebeast always seemed a bit too skater-style oriented - too many sneakers.