• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum's Sweet Sixteen

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how many people register for styleforum because of B&S? I definitely did, how we score RLBL/RLPL deal back in the days...

cigarMan

Reaction score
Congratulations and a huge thank you to the people behind this wonderful forum. Your work is and always was much appreciated!

I can't believe, that it has been so many years already. Back in 2009 I was proudly wearing one Emporio Armani as well as two Massimo Dutti suits, had probably one black and one brown pair of shoes and two ties. Then a guy from Sweden joins my team and changes my life forever. He was wearing all MTM and bespoke suits, very balanced, understated, but perfectly fitting. Even on weekends he was wearing amazing jackets and casual trousers. In the months to come he thought me all about "shoe rotation", introduced me to Saphir products and explained me all about cocktails, when everybody around me was still drinking beer. He also demonstrated that manners are at least as important as everything else.

There are many forum stories to tell, some have already been mentioned. Everything involving @mafoofan was fun to read, because it was worlds apart from the rest of us. We were happy getting the breadcrumps off the "big" guys, who were letting go of their wonderful items on the marketplace. I will also never forget Ron Riders @rider.1731 sale of Paul Stuart shoes. The prices were so low, that we didn't trust the offering and only got in last minute, securing a few pairs. Because I didn't know my size back then, I ordered whatever was available, resulting in a few pairs still in their box collecting dust. I would be curious to know, to how many countries those shoes were shipped. Or @Ich_Dien NOS Borrelli jackets...good times. There was this one 100% silk jacket he was offering, that was the background image of my phone for a few years. Ohh, I should have bought that.

My journey took me to many artistans in the last few years and I've been fortunate to have had the possibility to commission a few bespoke items. Nowadays I don't wear suits more than 2-3 times a year and my shoe rotation is down to 10 pairs per season. Styleforum has thought me, that less is more and that investing in quality always pays off. Even though I ventured off to other forums, I always keep coming back to this lovely place.

Lots of love and thank you Otto!

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also wanted to give my congratulations Fok.

When i decided to finally "graduate" from crappy footwear, i was drawn to AE because of the variety and available sizes etc. Other than the store managers who were rarely around, i was greeted by some of the meanest most impatient people i had ever dealt with. I was literally never measured and had to figure everything out on my own through sheer trial and error.

I joined this forum and the small bits and pieces of advice i got went a long way. I vowed to do whatever i could to give bck to this forum and give people any information possible so they wouldnt have to go through the misery i went through. I hope my fit article continues to be a starting point for people.

stylish_raven

Reaction score
I also wanted to give my congratulations Fok.

When i decided to finally "graduate" from crappy footwear, i was drawn to AE because of the variety and available sizes etc. Other than the store managers who were rarely around, i was greeted by some of the meanest most impatient people i had ever dealt with. I was literally never measured and had to figure everything out on my own through sheer trial and error.

I joined this forum and the small bits and pieces of advice i got went a long way. I vowed to do whatever i could to give bck to this forum and give people any information possible so they wouldnt have to go through the misery i went through. I hope my fit article continues to be a starting point for people.

I feel the same way this forum is something new for me but so far so good

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not certain how I got here, but I think a comment on AAAC mentioned SF. I never looked back.

Same here. Back in late 2004, I was arguing with a friend who insisted on wearing brown shoes with black trousers, and I was trying to convince him it was wrong. A quick search resulted in finding AAAC, but it was rather boring and I kept on reading references to "the other forum", so I searched some more and... here we are.

What social incentive do you have to believe kinder/gentler is not the best way?

Well, his username is Caustic Man - that should tell you something!

Only if you have a green Hermès breast wallet while taking Anne Hathaway out on a date.

No, her knees are too pointy.

Thumb comments, a beautiful blip in Stylefarmer history.

Brown is for farmer?

Or how about "You like it, the lamb?" :tongue:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congratulations and a huge thank you to the people behind this wonderful forum. Your work is and always was much appreciated!

I can't believe, that it has been so many years already. Back in 2009 I was proudly wearing one Emporio Armani as well as two Massimo Dutti suits, had probably one black and one brown pair of shoes and two ties. Then a guy from Sweden joins my team and changes my life forever. He was wearing all MTM and bespoke suits, very balanced, understated, but perfectly fitting. Even on weekends he was wearing amazing jackets and casual trousers. In the months to come he thought me all about "shoe rotation", introduced me to Saphir products and explained me all about cocktails, when everybody around me was still drinking beer. He also demonstrated that manners are at least as important as everything else.

There are many forum stories to tell, some have already been mentioned. Everything involving @mafoofan was fun to read, because it was worlds apart from the rest of us. We were happy getting the breadcrumps off the "big" guys, who were letting go of their wonderful items on the marketplace. I will also never forget Ron Riders @rider.1731 sale of Paul Stuart shoes. The prices were so low, that we didn't trust the offering and only got in last minute, securing a few pairs. Because I didn't know my size back then, I ordered whatever was available, resulting in a few pairs still in their box collecting dust. I would be curious to know, to how many countries those shoes were shipped. Or @Ich_Dien NOS Borrelli jackets...good times. There was this one 100% silk jacket he was offering, that was the background image of my phone for a few years. Ohh, I should have bought that.

My journey took me to many artistans in the last few years and I've been fortunate to have had the possibility to commission a few bespoke items. Nowadays I don't wear suits more than 2-3 times a year and my shoe rotation is down to 10 pairs per season. Styleforum has thought me, that less is more and that investing in quality always pays off. Even though I ventured off to other forums, I always keep coming back to this lovely place.

Lots of love and thank you Otto!
Any of those shoes in boxes a size 10us?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. Back in late 2004, I was arguing with a friend who insisted on wearing brown shoes with black trousers, and I was trying to convince him it was wrong. A quick search resulted in finding AAAC, but it was rather boring and I kept on reading references to "the other forum", so I searched some more and... here we are.

Well, his username is Caustic Man - that should tell you something!

No, her knees are too pointy.

Brown is for farmer?

Or how about "You like it, the lamb?" :tongue:
That's about as old school as you can get.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd take a moment to drop in and say hello. According to my profile, I joined SF in 2003 :butbut:, which seems unbelievable. I've been pretty much inactive since around 2008 (job change, more family obligations, more things taking up my time in general).

I can't remember how I first stumbled across SF, but I imagine I was searching for information about a suit or some shoes. It was the first internet community that I really participated in regularly. It was a great group that opened up my eyes regarding styles and brands that I had never heard of before. And it really did have a local bar feel. I still recognize some of the names, but seems like there's a lot of newer blood, too.

Given the time that's gone by, I've forgotten half of the stuff I learned here, but I hope to hang out a bit more and contribute where I can.

Happy 16th SF!

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

stylish_raven

Reaction score
happy 16 anniversary, I have been a short time here but hope to make my way and learn a lot from the other members

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congratulations on your sixteenth anniversary!

A Harris told me about Style Forum and Ask Andy back in the middle 00's. For some reason I went to Ask Andy first; what can I say, we all make mistakes from time to time. But after a couple of years I found that most of the truly knowledgeable members were leaving AA and moving here; I did as well in 2008 (I need only one site). I enjoyed it greatly and participated frequently for a number of years. While I participate less these days, I do visit from time to time. I mostly read now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads