• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition

Which of these boots would you be interested in purchasing in Styleforummarket's Viberg MTO program

• A) Standard Issue Black leather Service Boot

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • B) Iced Mocha CXL Service boot[

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • C) Black Calf "Excavated" Service Boot

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • D) Tan Roughout Service Boot

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • E) Two toned Whiskey Scotch Grain and Brown CXL Service boot

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now live at Styleforummarket

Hi All,

As you may be aware, Styleforummarket is now officially going to do special orders with Viberg. I want to present to you some options. Please vote on the ones you like, and also discuss any modifications that you might have. The pricing is approximate, but includes free shipping within the CONUS, and low (about 1/2 of actual) fixed rate shipping anywhere else in the world.

I'll keep this thread open for 10 days to 2 weeks, depending on how it's going, so that you can discuss different the different options, etc... Please keep in mind that the suggestions could change the price of the boots, up, or down. Following this, any boot with 4 or more votes (4 is the minimum per order) will get put on Styleforummarket for pre-orders. Any boot that gets 4 or more preorders will be made! There will be promotions that can only work in a community like this, that no regular retailer can offer, so stay tuned for those.

Like all things, Styleforummarket is responsive to your needs. If you want to discuss something with me privately about this initiative, please email me at [email protected]

(Incidentally, if anyone is good at Photoshop, I could have some piece work for you - email me at [email protected]).

Please vote for the boots in which you would be interested in buying at the approximate price. Please don't vote if you don't have any intention of making any purchases. It would be unfair to get someone else's hopes up just case yours is the deciding vote. Without further ado, the options:

A) Standard Issue Black Service Boot
Style: Service boot
Leather: black, standard hide
Last: 2030
Toe: Plaintoe. Unconstructed toe.
Sole: Natural welt, natural single leather midsole, leather or dainite outsole
Hardware: 7 gun metal eyelets (regular confirmation)
Tongue: black
Black stitching on upper
Price (approximate, including shipping in the CONUS, and with shipping outside the CONUS set at $30) = $685

B) Iced Mocha CXL Service boot
Style: Service Boot with top band stitching
Leather: Iced Mocha CXL
Last: 2030 Last
Toe cap: Brogue Toe Cap unstructured
Sole: double leather soles, single leather with vibram 705 half soles, or dainite sole.
Hardware: 7 Brass Eyelets
Tongue: black or dark brown leather (CXL is not usuable on bellows tongues)
Stitching on uppers: Brown stitching (tonal)
Price (approximate, including shipping in the CONUS, and with shipping outside the CONUS set at $30) = $735

C) Black Calf "Excavated" Service Boot
Style Service boot
Leather: French black calf
Last: 2030
Toecap: Plaintoe. Unconstructed toe.
Sole: Natural welt, natural single leather midsole, leather outsole
Hardware: 7 gun metal eyelets (regular confirmation)
Tongue: black
Black stitching on upper
The boot would be distressed by hand by soaking, “balling the shoe” wet in a burlap sack, and then drying. All inconsistencies in the boots would be considered features of the distressing process and should not be considered defects.
Price: (approximate, including shipping in the CONUS, and with shipping outside the CONUS set at $30) = $805

D) Tan Roughout Service Boot
Style: Service Boot
Leather: Vintage Tan Roughout
Last: 2030 Last (possibly 2040 if too many people found the 2030 too narrow)\
Toe cap: Straight cap toe
Sole: Dainite Sole or leather sole
Hardware: 7 vintage Brass eyelets
Tongue: tan
Brown stitching
Price: (approximate, including shipping in the CONUS, and with shipping outside the CONUS set at $30) = $680

E) Two toned Whiskey Scotch Grain and Brown CXL Service boot
Style: Service Boot
Leather: Whiskey scotch grain cavalier with brown CXL for the cap toe and piece above the heal.
Last: 2030 Last (possibly 2040 if too many people found the 2030 too narrow)
Toe cap: Brogue cap toe
Sole: Dainite Sole or leather sole
Hardware: 8 antique brass eyelets
Stitching on uppers: Brown
Price: $760
Basically for the boot at the following URL but on the 2030 last. http://viberg.com/collections/footwear/products/service-boot-whiskey-scotch-grain-cavalier-brown-cxl

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In for B. first choice is double leather sole over the others.

Fok, would B be similar to this model in color and detail (obvi sole and eyelet number are different)
null-183.jpg

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fok, would B be similar to this model in color and detail (obvi sole and eyelet number are different)
null-183.jpg

Yeah, that's the one. imo, it would be that boot, but in a 2.0, new and improved model. It's also the one that I sorta want for myself, even though the 2030 last is not the ideal last for me (it looks great on, just doesn't feel great on my freaky wide feet). In related news, my Vibergs came. They are awesome and intense. They are sort of like the Visvim Virgils, but in a cool leather than never got made (mine are in heather grey Horween roughout heather grey leather with a contrasting heel counter). Would anyone be interested in getting "Fok's boots"? I know that there was a smattering of interest before, but I didn't want to be too egocentric.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

null-183.jpg
Yes, That boot is very similar to what got me thinking about the design. I am the one who sent the makeup to Fok. I need this boot to work for me in bad weather and in a bunch of manufacturing plants so that is why I designed it with the Dainite sole. I think unfortunately that is the leather sole wins out that I likely will not order.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fok,

can you post some pics of your new boot? I may be interested but would love to see the finished pictures

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that Guy has some finished pics. I'll ask if he'll post one.

For most people, unless you are a hardcore "real" streetwear guy, the way I am, I would suggest a single leather midsole, since these are really quite intense. Think of the Visvim Virgil on steroids, or something by Guiliano Fujiwara. While it works for guys like me who wear really slouched jeans and colored leathers all the time, or conversely. someone who is all in oversized Ts(S) or something like that, it could be a bit shocking to your system. However, a version with a single leather midsole might make a lot of sense for more people.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Let's keep on going.

The "Standard" black service boot would look something like this:
LL

The Iced mocha CXL Service boot would look a little like this:

The Tan Roughout Service boot would look a little like this, sans distressing:

The excavated boot would be an all black version of this:

SLAB

Reaction score
this is an example of how the icey mocha service boot with leather soles might look like

_DSC6428 by SLAB13, on Flickr

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've changed my opinion on double leather. For is right. Single will probably look better.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we have so many orders for the chromexel boot, let's start a discussion on double leather vs. dainite soles. If we have enough posted yays and nays for each, we can break them up into two orders. Not going to happen unless people start talking about what they'd like, though.

Also, if you are looking for a black service boot, but want leather soles and an all black makeup, it's possible to get the "excavated" service boots without the final distressing step.

Just think about it.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've changed my opinion on double leather. For is right. Single will probably look better.
\

For which make up? Mine? It really depends on whether you are actually game for a real streetwear piece. If you are, the double sole is super distinctive. If not, the single sole is more for you.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For B specifically since that's the one I'm most interested in and will likely buy. Seeing pictures on the web and Instagram, viberg double soles mean serious business.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For B specifically since that's the one I'm most interested in and will likely buy. Seeing pictures on the web and Instagram, viberg double soles mean serious business.

It's definitely considerably heftier than, say, Edward Green. I personally like a hefty sole, myself, but I can see how that would be due to my specific tastes. It depends if you want them to be more traditional style (like, say, something someone might be wearing on "On the Waterfront") or something that is a bit more exaggerated, like you might see in Free&Easy or even Men's Ex.

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am quite surprised everything is 2030 last. No one is in the boat for some more work boot looking footwear? I am more interested in their 310 last with some distinctive features.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since we have so many orders for the chromexel boot, let's start a discussion on double leather vs. dainite soles. If we have enough posted yays and nays for each, we can break them up into two orders. Not going to happen unless people start talking about what they'd like, though.

Also, if you are looking for a black service boot, but want leather soles and an all black makeup, it's possible to get the "excavated" service boots without the final distressing step.

Just think about it.

Cheers,

Fok.
Do I get a special vote as the originator of the makeup?
biggrin.gif

For me, I would really prefer the Dainite sole. I envision using this boot in plenty of inclement weather as well as inside some factories so I would need a sole other than a leather sole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads