Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Aug 12, 2013.

Which of these boots would you be interested in purchasing in Styleforummarket's Viberg MTO program

Poll closed Aug 25, 2013.
  1. A) Standard Issue Black leather Service Boot

22 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. B) Iced Mocha CXL Service boot[

28 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. C) Black Calf "Excavated" Service Boot

20 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. D) Tan Roughout Service Boot

19 vote(s)
    24.4%
  5. E) Two toned Whiskey Scotch Grain and Brown CXL Service boot

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

For those who voted the black boot options: would any prefer brass eyelets over gunmetal? I would.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think that the antiqued brass eyelets could look pretty cool on the excavated boot, was my first thought when I read this post. The contrast would be really interesting. For the standard boot, I would be less convinced.

3. Finn666

Finn666 Well-Known Member

shit...couldn't edit the way i wanted!

new post two posts down!...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  4. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

I'm with you, asides from I think it would be best to get that build brand new, as opposed to pre-distressed. But I think once broken in, with a good 6 months wear, they will look amazing with the antiqued brass eyelets.

5. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

here's an example of the ice mocha with single leather and half sole option.

[​IMG]
    dscn0618n by SLAB13, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    dscn0620d by SLAB13, on Flickr

my preference goes to double leather (rugged, vintage looking) or half soles (more 'usable' perhaps?)

6. Finn666

Finn666 Well-Known Member

7. iotan

iotan Senior member

I can't quite put my finger on it but personally I am just not a big fan of the copper. I think the cinnamon roughout might be good if they still do it: [​IMG] I also like the roughout in the following pic (although it is also from a few years ago): [​IMG] Also, thank you for all your time and help pulling this together, Fok.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  8. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Forgive me a few stupid questions, but if all options are a Service boot on a particular last, that means there is only one silhouette available, right? Can someone clarify whether the Service Boot under discussion is the snub-nosed kind ...

[​IMG]

... Or the lower-profile toe?

Is there anywhere to see pictures of all the sole options Viberg offers? I like the sole SLAB posted ("single leather and half sole option" -- the half refers to "half Dainite sole", right? :uhoh:) but it wasn't one of the "prefab" options I don't think and now I'm wondering what else is out there.

Finally, I see Viberg offers MTO through their website; assuming one-offs are available, if the threshold for group orders isn't met on a particular configuration, how significant would the price increase be to have one pair made instead of four? (No distressing etc involved.) More like $100-200 or double the price?

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I was quoted ~$730 shipped to US for a single MTO oxford in roughout suede. I don't know how that translate into the boots, though.

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

These look really great :thumbs-up: Bordering on too "work boot", but I think the sole keeps them differentiated.

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

GoldenTribe

I think the first boot is a "structured toe" and the second is the "unstructured toe".

12. LA Guy

The boots proposed here are all on the lower profile last, the 2030, to be exact.
    There isn't, as far as I know. They are not that well set up for web sales, even wholesale, as there is no consolidated list of lasts, or leather or sole options at any particular time. However, I am in touch with Guy pretty regularly.
    It's more like a couple of hundreds of dollars.
    It would be considerably higher. Add $175 to the prices we quotes, and you'd be there. Some of the makeups proposed here are quite intricate, and costs for "extras" add up quickty. Just off the top of my head, a basic boot with a dainite sole (so, no special leather, no two tone, no special requests, etc...) would run you $850, before shipping. Actual shipping across North America is $50USD or so, and overseas, you are looking at $100 USD, easily.
    I like the cinnamon quite a lot. I'll ask if that is available.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Fok,

THANK YOU so much for all of your effort on this. I am super stoked to have access, not to mention input, on some really unique footwear.

14. Stitches

Stitches Senior member

+1

Much thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to the finalized options, as they say

[​IMG]

-------------
    Below:

Grey all the way

15. LA Guy

BTW, here are my boots being polished. irl, the boots have a little more brown in the grey than is shown in the picture, but the nature of the leather is such that it's nearly impossible to capture 100%. This is reasonably close though. Much better than I could do. They came laced up with waxed cotton "bone" laces. You can see how this is a "sneaker boot", I hope. It's not unlike the Visvim Virgil, but with a more sneaker/moonboot feel to it. So good.

[​IMG]