Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Aug 12, 2013.

Which of these boots would you be interested in purchasing in Styleforummarket's Viberg MTO program

Poll closed Aug 25, 2013.
  1. A) Standard Issue Black leather Service Boot

22 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. B) Iced Mocha CXL Service boot[

28 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. C) Black Calf "Excavated" Service Boot

20 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. D) Tan Roughout Service Boot

19 vote(s)
    24.4%
  5. E) Two toned Whiskey Scotch Grain and Brown CXL Service boot

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mumbles

Mumbles New Member

been in lurk mode for a fair amount of time, but these viberg orders have lured me into making an account. i have a couple of comments about the orders:

1. what is different about the black service boot being ordered and the tateandyoko one? Is the leather the same (i'm not sure if black oil tan = black calf)?
    maybe posting what differs in the description from the actual picture posted would be helpful. I'm also a little intrigued by the horse butt leather from the pair
    on the viberg site, but i'm not really interested in the 2045 last.
    2. the incentives for orders seem a little obscure. it would be helpful to know all the incentives and if you qualify for one imo. i mean if i know that if i place
    my order at a given time i qualify for x, then i could weigh that in with my decision.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

There is no way to check but Fok updates the thread quite regularly. Last I knew the iced mocha was the only confirmed makeup

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There will be an additonal $25 off for the first 4 boots orders of any specific boot. This means that international orders also ship free, and that our prices (not even including the savings on free shipping) are lower than the prices at any other stockists for these first adaptors, including the prices at VIberg.com. This is only possible because of our unique community driven, participatory, approach.
    Let's focus on this right now, but that does sound extra cool.
    I just had a look. In the future, we will probably limit the number of options to 2-3, so we'll do the usual thing and narrow things down.
    so far, we have 7 orders for those. They are by far the most popular option.
    Indeed. This option still sits at 2 orders.
    An additional $25 savings on your final invoice. It's up to you.
    Our system unfortunately does not allow us to do this (this is some development I'd like to get going when we are more mature). However, right now, that make up sits at 3. One more. And you'll also get the incentive.
    1) I honestly do not know. I haven't looked at their boots. I just speced out ours. 2)$25 off the final invoice for the first 4 early adaptors. Hope that clarifies things a little more. Cheers, Fok.

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Fok, that is awesome thanks! Really looking forward to this ongoing program

5. Finn666

Finn666 Well-Known Member

so what are the final options one can chose going to be? (if you already know!)...

6. meso

meso Senior member

baleeted, moved to main thread

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013

7. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Looks pretty great to me Meso.

Thanks for the info Fok, good stuff

8. LA Guy

meso, that looks great, but let's keep the new proposals for the makeups in the main Viberg thread so that people don't get confused, until we conclude this round, at which time I can open up a thread for new suggestions.

Cheers,

Fok.

9. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

With reference to D - the Cabourn boot:

Is it possible to have the boot distressed exactly like the Cabourn?

How different is the proposed cinnamon color from the original Cabourn color- the pictures I have seen are deceiving and not clear

Thanks
    Gregg

10. LA Guy

The cinnamon roughout is a warmer color that is slightly more towards the red part of the spectrum than the Cabourn boots (which are actually not tan, but copper rust). Color is exceptionally difficult to capture on film, but here is a picture of a boot in Cinnamon roughout from the Viberg blog:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, we cannot get the same distressing, which would have resulted in a significant upcharge.

11. LA Guy

I've gotten a few PMs about this. So that everyone knows, right now, we sit at:

7 Iced Mocha CXL boots
    3 Cinnamon roughout boots
    2 Black standard boots

We need another order of the cinnamon roughout, and another two (2) pair of the black, to get them into production. And if we get there, and then get just 1 more order, someone is going to get their boots for the deposit only.

12. rex555

rex555 Well-Known Member

On the Cinnamon roughout boot, any chance of getting a dark brown tongue like the picture above?

13. LA Guy

That is cool, and doable. However, unless the people who have preordered unanimously contact me at [email protected] asking for this change, I'm going to leave it as is (smooth side out Cinnamon, as is usual on Viberg boots). I don't want to change what people have already decided to buy.

Cheers,

Fok.

14. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Just to understand this Fok, are the first 4 buyers also entered into the "lottery" to get their boots for deposit only once there are more than 4 purchases? Or is it only, say, buyers 5-8 who get entered?

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Also, is it 1 for every 4? Or just 1 out of the total order? For example if 16 order is it 3 or 4 pairs at that price? Or just 1 out of 16?