• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforumgives - charity raffles for the Make-a-wish foundation

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am please to announce the official raffle for the Styleforum Auctions for the Make-A-Wsh Foundation. Stay tuned for more prizes. All raffle winners will be determinined January 1. Your privacy will be ensured.

Tickets will be $25 each, can be bought by sending $25 via paypal to [email protected].

Happy Holidays,

Fok.

Grand Prize - a first cut at the Apolis Activism SS09 season. I will provide details soon. Some of the stuff is sweet. There is a cashmere sweatshirt which has a terrific hand and a nice cut.

1. A pair of Sugarcane jeans, a special exclusive between Sugarcane and Selfedge, made from a remarkably cotton/sugarcane blend denim with a unique hand:

http://farinellis.blogspot.com/searc...l/Sugar%20Cane

These jeans retail for $305, and are never discounted. Courtesy of Farinelli's.

2. A pair of Crate jeans (you choose) and a Band of Outsiders tie (again, you choose), courtesy of Secret Service LA. Value of approximately $275.

3. A small, wool, Filson field bag in green tartan:

http://www.cranes-country-store.com/...7&cat=0&page=1

valued at $170. Courtesy of Crane's Country Store.

4. A Sevenfold Tie from Napoli Coast in "Blue Stripe", as seen here:
http://www.napolicoast.com/catalog/p...products_id=32
$167 value, courtesy of Napoli Coast.

5. A $150 Gift Certificate from Kill City that can be used at the Los Angeles store or at www.killcity.net

6. A Holiday Sampler set from The Hanger Project, which consists of:

"This holiday season, break from tradition and give a gift of distinction -
premium, luxury hangers from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project. This Holiday
Season, we are featuring specially designed holiday gift sets loaded with
even more hangers than before. Superiorly crafted from premium maple wood,
our hangers protect and extend the life of garments. Carefully packaged with
a holiday flare, they will be sure to bring a smile."

3x Premium Suit Hangers (any size)
5x Premium Felted Trouser Bar Hangers
10x Premium Shirt Hangers (any size)
Complimentary Holiday Gift Package
(Wrapping, Card, and Personalized Note)

https://www.hangerproject.com/index.php?p=42

$150 value, courtesy of The Hanger Project.

7. From homegrown designer Michael J Krell, 3 sets of five boxers or briefs (so, 15 pairs of underwear in all!). and a special "surprise" from the grab bag (Michael's discretion on this one!)

8. A pair of raw Kicking Mule Workshop jeans, your choice of model (1950, 1980, or Rocker) and size, from the guys at Context ( www.contextclothing.com ). This is a $275 value, and a great way to get some great jeans and support a good cause at the same time.

9. Sevenfold ties from Four-in-Hand Ties. Your choices below.

http://www.fourinhand.com/ProductImages/Fora/SFMAW.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon guys. We are almost, almost, at $1400. Let's get a njice run in and make it to $2K. Maybe give $5 for each $100 you spent on clothing in the last month. That ought to bring us into 6 figures, of course.

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We stand now on the precipice. We are at $1850 and change. Let's try to reach $2K by the end of the day. And remember, for each $10 you contribute, Connemara is in "Time Out" for another hour.

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are now at $2100. So... $25 more hours in the hole for Conne. More, more, more. I feel better when someone gives me stuff, and I am not even ill (well, I do have a hoarse voice, but hey, not so bad.) And I am a jaded old man!

Imagine how this can bring up some little kid's spirits.

Cheers,

Fok.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
soon as my seller money clears (tomorrow), i will donate $100 in the hope that it gets to 3K

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of the season, please give
smile.gif

Cheers,

Fok.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
In the spirit of the season, please give
smile.gif
Cheers, Fok.

I'll one up you Fok in a less beat around the bush kinda way: Our hosts here at StyleForum do not charge anything for many of you to enjoy much of your waking hours here. To my knowledge they have NEVER reached out and asked for anything from any of you. (Many people have offered graciously to contribute when server costs came up.) C'mon guys...on a typical day there are over 700 people here at any given time. Its embarrassing to do the math and come out with so small a total per person especially when you factor in that many people gave largish sums. So dig deep fellahs and each of you pony up some $. It goes to grant kids one wish before they die. Is this a hard thing to give?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to announce that we are now up to $3700, not including the proceeds from several auctions and non-paypal pledges (thanks guys) that I haven't received yet. That is really great.

I will contact the winners of the raffle prizes tomorrow. I will write a check to the Make-A-Wish Foundation on Saturday in order to wait for late contributions and the aforementioned proceeds from auctions and non-paypal pledges.

If you forgot to make a donation, it is a good way to start the New Year, and I will continue to take donations at [email protected] until I cut the check (I'll make an announcement when I do re the total amount.)

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads