• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome user experience on mobile with this type of ad placement that doesn’t move with scrolling. Not interested in reading threads anyway.

View attachment 1276208
Refresh and it should go away. We’re working on figuring out how to stop it.
Unfortunately, this is a persistent problem that we haven't yet been able to nail down. We've systematically removed each add on to see if that was doing it, and ad-ops swearst that we don't even have such ad units in our set up, and it's not as though that type of ad just shows itself. That is super specific and consistent placement. Sorry for the inconvenience, but please know that it's on the top of the "Address immediately" fix-it list, ahead of some longer term projects.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@admin Sorry, bumping this again. Is there a way to stop email notifications when someone you've blocked quotes you? It almost defeats the purpose of blocking them.

I think I may have found a workaround for this. If anyone is having the same issue, you can filter out those messages by creating a Gmail filter for any email from @styleforum.net and contains the blocked username. I think that should work.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about a 'reactions you have made' function? Would make it a lot easier to re-read old topics that you've found interesting.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to list the location of members that have filled that field out under the profile pic we have in posts? I feel like that was there before, but now you have to click on a person's profile before you can see that. Seems helpful to me in discussion to see where someone is from if they have shared it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about a 'reactions you have made' function? Would make it a lot easier to re-read old topics that you've found interesting.
I could see that being an interesting feature, but feasibility would really depends on how easy it would be to implement. It depends if those tables are both easily available, easy to query, and easy to display. It might involve be quite a bit of coding, or it could be an easy design thing.

Is it possible to list the location of members that have filled that field out under the profile pic we have in posts? I feel like that was there before, but now you have to click on a person's profile before you can see that. Seems helpful to me in discussion to see where someone is from if they have shared it.
This is a design issue. I don't want to add any more space to the postbit, so it's a non-starter for mobile, but if there is some way to add this without increasing the size of the postbit, I would be open to this.

@admin

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I could see that being an interesting feature, but feasibility would really depends on how easy it would be to implement. It depends if those tables are both easily available, easy to query, and easy to display. It might involve be quite a bit of coding, or it could be an easy design thing.

This is a design issue. I don't want to add any more space to the postbit, so it's a non-starter for mobile, but if there is some way to add this without increasing the size of the postbit, I would be open to this.

@admin

We might be able to add the location to the postbit on desktop only without making it much larger. The reactions feature might need some custom development. I'll check with some guys smarter than me to see what they know of out there.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For B&S listings...Buyers won't be able to see sellers' "Terms & Conditions" unless buyers use "Order Now for $$$" button. Is there anyway to display the "Terms & Conditions" information in the listing details?
For questions like this, always tag @admin - because he is much more likely than I am to know the answer to these technical questions. @admin ?

That is a good point, thanks.

Cheers,

Fok/

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
For questions like this, always tag @admin - because he is much more likely than I am to know the answer to these technical questions. @admin ?

That is a good point, thanks.

Cheers,

Fok/
Asking the developer. There's nothing in the settings to allow that.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do I set my preferences to view most posts on a single page? Kind of annoying to have to flip through 20 new pages when I could set my view to 200 posts and just scroll through a single page, for instance

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How do I set my preferences to view most posts on a single page? Kind of annoying to have to flip through 20 new pages when I could set my view to 200 posts and just scroll through a single page, for instance

It is unfortunately not an option on this forum software. We have let the developers know that we would like to see this in a future update.

Thun242

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the bottom of the mainpage, the link under the Newest Posts and under the New Listings In Buying And Selling is the same, showing the same destination. Both redirects to the Newest Posts.
It works now, good.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads