• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

HalfwayBurnt

Reaction score
The maximum attachment filesize is 20MB, but there is no resolution restriction. Are your photos larger than 20MB?

No, I'm exporting out of Adobe Lightroom and setting the file size limit at far below 20MB. Strange. Does the filesize limit apply to all images within a single post? - even then, I would be below the 20MB limit...

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
No, I'm exporting out of Adobe Lightroom and setting the file size limit at far below 20MB. Strange. Does the filesize limit apply to all images within a single post? - even then, I would be below the 20MB limit...

Are you hitting the "insert/upload image" button, or "attach files"?

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but can someone please explain the logic ladder of having to go through all the hoops of creating a listing on B&S (where I have bought and sold many items for years and years) only to hit "Save" and be greeted by the following error message: "Please enter a value for all required fields."

Um, and what fields would those be exactly?

Everything is checked, images loaded, double checked the listing details and, no matter what I do, I get the same error message without any guidance as what the solution would be. Who thought that would be a good design parameter?

In 2019, interactive website design is not exactly a mystery or dark art, but you picked a platform that is so lame that it has already generated 78 pages of questions on to perform many the most basic functions - if that isn't an indictment of bad design I don't know what is.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a longtime member and am grateful for both the Forum and all of your hard work over the years, but I find it hard to believe that any of you on the Admin side want to spend your days answering basic "how to" questions. Plus, this is the primary touchpoint of the SF brand, so why would you use something that is guaranteed to deliver a negative UX if you try to do anything with it but read or contribute to a thread? Yes, I saw the early post in this thread about the new platform and the large dev community, but that's not your audience (SW dev's would rarely be accused of crossing the line into CM); non-technical users are.

So I've got a pile of Isaia, Zegna, and Corneliani to upload - can you please let me know what the missing mystery "values" are?

Thanks!
Tom

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@admin Sorry to bump this request, but I still get emails when a blocked account quotes me. Do you know if this can be fixed?

@admin Sorry, bumping this again. Is there a way to stop email notifications when someone you've blocked quotes you? It almost defeats the purpose of blocking them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@admin Sorry, bumping this again. Is there a way to stop email notifications when someone you've blocked quotes you? It almost defeats the purpose of blocking them.
We'll ask the developer who created the add-on about this. Unfortunately, I feel like this was an issue that was not imagined at all when the add-on was created, so I'm not sure whether or not it will be possible to change. Do apologize for this (though we had zero to do with the development of this add-on!)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We'll ask the developer who created the add-on about this. Unfortunately, I feel like this was an issue that was not imagined at all when the add-on was created, so I'm not sure whether or not it will be possible to change. Do apologize for this (though we had zero to do with the development of this add-on!)

I realize this is the lowest of low priorities, but if something can be tweaked, it would be appreciated.

MooToo

Reaction score
User experience is the lowest of low priorities? Damn you’re dumb.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize this is the lowest of low priorities, but if something can be tweaked, it would be appreciated.
We'll ask. This is one of those things that will be really easy to do, or really hard..

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been requested before, but would it be possible to get a more tasteful photo for the classic menswear section? I have particular antipathy for the photo and suit depicted therein and don't find it to be particularly representative of the community who frequents the forum. It's just a bit tacky. I know, it is just a photo, but still...

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome user experience on mobile with this type of ad placement that doesn’t move with scrolling. Not interested in reading threads anyway.

2A6EA311-2404-4819-814F-092A138A12C1.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads