• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

gavspen

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with all of that. You might need to use Chrome or Safari for Styleforum until you're able to upgrade.
But what on earth could be the reason that Firefox works properly on other forums here but not WAYWT?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These ads that are now appearing in between my watched threads are very obtrusive. Is this a new thing, @LA Guy ?

ad.JPG

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These ads that are now appearing in between my watched threads are very obtrusive. Is this a new thing, @LA Guy ?

View attachment 1700206
Yes, there will be ads between threads in the watched threads. We will be monitoring the render times and engagement as well as making aesthetic decisions re. ad placement and ad formats as we go forward, however. The increasing costs of running the forum - paying our staff, maintaining our hardware and software, building back up our development resources, and so on - and the state of the economy frankly, have made these changes necessary. Thanks for the feedback, as always.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
@admin
@LA Guy

Lately, I have been getting pop up messages from desk top which say "You have visited an illegal site", etc. Some sort of MacAfee pop up. I do not get this from any other site and not when browsing on mobile either.

If you get that, please screenshot it, and let us know what page you were on when it occurred. We need that info to eliminate it.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is there new software here that blocks certain words? I feel like I've been seeing asterisks more often in posts, I assume because the word is blocked. But the software is pretty crude about how it identifies certain words. For example, if I type homogenous (the opposite of heterogeneous), a portion of the word gets blocked because it's sometimes used as a slur.

I feel like we don't really have a problem with people posting the more extreme of prejudicial views here, and when it happens, it gets reported anyway. The new software seems more cumbersome than helpful.

Reactions: otc

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, there will be ads between threads in the watched threads. We will be monitoring the render times and engagement as well as making aesthetic decisions re. ad placement and ad formats as we go forward, however. The increasing costs of running the forum - paying our staff, maintaining our hardware and software, building back up our development resources, and so on - and the state of the economy frankly, have made these changes necessary. Thanks for the feedback, as always.

The thing I'd really like on mobile is for the "ad area" to render earlier on in the cycle.

right now, the watched threads page sort of half loads and then right as I'm about to click a link, the ads finish loading which forces everything on the page to jump to a new location and I tap on the wrong link.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing I'd really like on mobile is for the "ad area" to render earlier on in the cycle.

right now, the watched threads page sort of half loads and then right as I'm about to click a link, the ads finish loading which forces everything on the page to jump to a new location and I tap on the wrong link.
This has been happening to me constantly. I have accidentally clicked on the ad or a thread I wasn't aiming for countless times already.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there new software here that blocks certain words? I feel like I've been seeing asterisks more often in posts, I assume because the word is blocked. But the software is pretty crude about how it identifies certain words. For example, if I type ****genous (the opposite of heterogeneous), a portion of the word gets blocked because it's sometimes used as a slur.

I feel like we don't really have a problem with people posting the more extreme of prejudicial views here, and when it happens, it gets reported anyway. The new software seems more cumbersome than helpful.
We’ll work on that. The issue was that Google was starting to find issues with the site that we needed to remedy. We just used a list of commonly used slurs and explicit words. There should be a space in the searched for string in that case. We’ll fix that @admin

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Is there new software here that blocks certain words? I feel like I've been seeing asterisks more often in posts, I assume because the word is blocked. But the software is pretty crude about how it identifies certain words. For example, if I type homogenous (the opposite of heterogeneous), a portion of the word gets blocked because it's sometimes used as a slur.

We’ll work on that. The issue was that Google was starting to find issues with the site that we needed to remedy. We just used a list of commonly used slurs and explicit words. There should be a space in the searched for string in that case. We’ll fix that @admin
This is fixed.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been happening to me constantly. I have accidentally clicked on the ad or a thread I wasn't aiming for countless times already.
Hmm… could you please hit me up with a screen shot and then as much information as possible, including your IP, device, browser, etc… so that we can pass this on and try to get it fixed? Thanks.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is there software that can block images of ugly clothes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads