• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Search "Fit Feedback" in both threads and this forum by title only looking for this thread which was replied to about 2 hours ago:

doesn't come back in the results
It does for me. Not at the top, but it’s there about halfway down.

AJ1

Reaction score
Any chance to resize some of the adds and the of amount times they show up? I get one when I try to go the page and another once I land on a page. To add they take up half the screen. Understand the need but puts huge damper on user experience.

Attachments

• FE00E44B-C2BC-4213-BCAD-F6108A2802A3.png
    FE00E44B-C2BC-4213-BCAD-F6108A2802A3.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 549

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance to resize some of the adds and the of amount times they show up? I get one when I try to go the page and another once I land on a page. To add they take up half the screen. Understand the need but puts huge damper on user experience.
Those are not supposed to be there, and we are constantly playing whack a mole. It's something that happens nearly exclusive on mobile, because apparently it's easier and much harder to catch/track. It's an ongoing problem in the induistry. Please just pm @admin the timestamp and your OS and IP, and we'll try to track them down.

What is happening there is that some advertisers spoof the scripts, and we are left with those. Though we only use top of the line ad networks, they get through regularly. The problem is that ad networks resell and resell and resell, and it's very hard to actually get to the root of where these ads are originating. The advertiser (especially the reputable ones) are often wholly ignorant that somewhere down the line, someone spoofed the script so that they could pocket the extra money. The entire online ad industry is concerned with this, but like all cops and robbers games, the cops are nearly always playing catch up.

They actually take money out of our pockets too, since they get better rates than they actually pay (for a less visible ad). Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the Version on my phone has become insufferable the last 48 hours. Giant ad covers to thirds of each page other than the home page.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
the Version on my phone has become insufferable the last 48 hours. Giant ad covers to thirds of each page other than the home page.
Clear your phone cache and it should be stopped. It is for me.

AJ1

Reaction score
Thanks LA Guy, appreciate the additional context. Glad to hear this isn't something you guys are doing intentionally and hopefully you guys can track these guys.

Those are not supposed to be there, and we are constantly playing whack a mole. It's something that happens nearly exclusive on mobile, because apparently it's easier and much harder to catch/track. It's an ongoing problem in the induistry. Please just pm @admin the timestamp and your OS and IP, and we'll try to track them down.

What is happening there is that some advertisers spoof the scripts, and we are left with those. Though we only use top of the line ad networks, they get through regularly. The problem is that ad networks resell and resell and resell, and it's very hard to actually get to the root of where these ads are originating. The advertiser (especially the reputable ones) are often wholly ignorant that somewhere down the line, someone spoofed the script so that they could pocket the extra money. The entire online ad industry is concerned with this, but like all cops and robbers games, the cops are nearly always playing catch up.

They actually take money out of our pockets too, since they get better rates than they actually pay (for a less visible ad). Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Crockett & Jones thread on CM seems to have disappeared.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can we get some "legit check" thread for all the people who post random stuff they've found and ask users to see if it's legit? I feel like these threads are cropping up more and more, and it's from people who rarely post about anything else. Fine to ask for a legit check, but it would be nice if their queries weren't cluttering up the home page.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we get some "legit check" thread for all the people who post random stuff they've found and ask users to see if it's legit? I feel like these threads are cropping up more and more, and it's from people who rarely post about anything else. Fine to ask for a legit check, but it would be nice if their queries weren't cluttering up the home page.
I'm okay with that. Make the thread!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The keto pill spam threads are the worst.

What about a 20 post limit requirement before you can make a thread?

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Search "Fit Feedback" in both threads and this forum by title only looking for this thread which was replied to about 2 hours ago:

doesn't come back in the results

Same issue - tried to find this thread again by title searching "Fit" and "Tailor" in classic menswear only, most recent post was monday. Not on first three pages of results, stopped looking after that. First results page includes several from last summer. Really need a 'sort by' option on search results.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same issue - tried to find this thread again by title searching "Fit" and "Tailor" in classic menswear only, most recent post was monday. Not on first three pages of results, stopped looking after that. First results page includes several from last summer. Really need a 'sort by' option on search results.
You guys really need to tag @Administrative or @admin for this stuff, or it might just get lost. Good feedback though. We are working on small design fixes and changes, and this is a great suggestion. I don't know if it's doable, but we can give it the old college try.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads