• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

moltoelegante

Reaction score
I must have reported 50+ spam threads in the past 2 weeks alone. Perhaps the forum could introduce moderation for a user's first 3 posts? That would seem like a good solution as all the spam is coming from new user accounts posting just once.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The chat bar at the bottom of the screening mobile is annoying, and there doesn’t appear to be a way to turn it off. It takes up screen real estate and overlays other buttons.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The chat bar at the bottom of the screening mobile is annoying, and there doesn’t appear to be a way to turn it off. It takes up screen real estate and overlays other buttons.

especially on phone...

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
It does overlay, but any button it overlays should scroll past so you can use them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must have reported 50+ spam threads in the past 2 weeks alone. Perhaps the forum could introduce moderation for a user's first 3 posts? That would seem like a good solution as all the spam is coming from new user accounts posting just once.
Thanks for all your help.

Unfortunately, we don't have the staff nor the volunteers to make this viable. In order to not lose users, we would need someone on this 24/7. There is pretty compelling evidence that ANY barrier to posting, for a legitimate potential member will drive them away. So, there would have to be people monitoring every moment, so that they can approve or non-approve new user posts in real time.

We are trying to make our filters better, and can even manually introduce certain terms, like "keto" in post by new users that would kill some times of spam, but fighting against spammers will always be a game of whack-a-mole. There will never be a foolproof nor permanent solution to the problem, unfortunately, but we'll keep on top of it as well as possible.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does overlay, but any button it overlays should scroll past so you can use them.
I had to scroll past all of the preferences settings before the save button popped out from under the chat tab.

And this is just a mess.

moltoelegante

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we don't have the staff nor the volunteers to make this viable. In order to not lose users, we would need someone on this 24/7.

I can understand you not wanting to lose legitimate new users. If you need more volunteers to delete the spam posts, I'd be happy to help out.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to scroll past all of the preferences settings before the save button popped out from under the chat tab.

View attachment 1303279

And this is just a mess.

View attachment 1303280
We're taking a look. Since we are a small team without a team of engineers, we were not able to test the system on a comprehensive set of devices and OSs. I sometimes get what you get , and sometimes get this:

We are trying to figure out why that is right now. Thanks for bearing with us, and sorry for the inconvenience as we work through this.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This chat bar thing sucks ass and takes up a ton of space. Why wouldn’t it be something to opt in?
It's not like opting out of email. It's a new function that is part of the core of the software, and only works within the software. We are not aware of any opt in or opt out options, unfortunately. This goes even for administrators. That said, we will be working on the design of the chat bar. to make it just as obvious, but less intrusive.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This chat bar thing sucks ass and takes up a ton of space. Why wouldn’t it be something to opt in?
Yeah, this thing is awful. We've already got "conversations" and threads. I don't see why we need active chats too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this thing is awful. We've already got "conversations" and threads. I don't see why we need active chats too.
Because after a better b&s system, something we’re also working on, the number two request has been for the ability to chat with another member in real time.
Cheers,
Fok.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also having issues with chat tab overlay persistently covering lower part of screen and degrading UX on mobile; my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10, running Android v. 10 and One UI v. 2.0. Tagging @admin on advice of @LA Guy. Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also having issues with chat tab overlay persistently covering lower part of screen and degrading UX on mobile; my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10, running Android v. 10 and One UI v. 2.0. Tagging @admin on advice of @LA Guy. Thanks.
Would you mind shooting over a few screenshots? Unfortuately, that is not a device that I or any of my staff have.

Cheers,

Fok.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you mind shooting over a few screenshots? Unfortuately, that is not a device that I or any of my staff have.

Cheers,

Fok.
Sure thing:

Just looking:

Screenshot_20191222-182755_Samsung Internet.jpg

While replying:

Screenshot_20191222-182925_Samsung Internet.jpg

If I try to click the "Post reply" or "Preview" buttons while the screen is in the position above, I get an overlay that takes up the whole screen:

Screenshot_20191222-183827_Samsung Internet.jpg

And the only way I could see to clear it was to use the backspace button, which took me out of the thread I was viewing at the time. (I know now that I can scroll past the point where the overlay interferes with the post reply and preview buttons and they work as usual, I just wish I didn't have to).

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads