• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

Rugger

Reaction score
Search "Fit Feedback" in both threads and this forum by title only looking for this thread which was replied to about 2 hours ago:

doesn't come back in the results

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Search "Fit Feedback" in both threads and this forum by title only looking for this thread which was replied to about 2 hours ago:

doesn't come back in the results
It does for me. Not at the top, but it’s there about halfway down.

AJ1

Reaction score
Any chance to resize some of the adds and the of amount times they show up? I get one when I try to go the page and another once I land on a page. To add they take up half the screen. Understand the need but puts huge damper on user experience.

Attachments

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Any chance to resize some of the adds and the of amount times they show up? I get one when I try to go the page and another once I land on a page. To add they take up half the screen. Understand the need but puts huge damper on user experience.
Those are not supposed to be there, and we are constantly playing whack a mole. It's something that happens nearly exclusive on mobile, because apparently it's easier and much harder to catch/track. It's an ongoing problem in the induistry. Please just pm @admin the timestamp and your OS and IP, and we'll try to track them down.

What is happening there is that some advertisers spoof the scripts, and we are left with those. Though we only use top of the line ad networks, they get through regularly. The problem is that ad networks resell and resell and resell, and it's very hard to actually get to the root of where these ads are originating. The advertiser (especially the reputable ones) are often wholly ignorant that somewhere down the line, someone spoofed the script so that they could pocket the extra money. The entire online ad industry is concerned with this, but like all cops and robbers games, the cops are nearly always playing catch up.

They actually take money out of our pockets too, since they get better rates than they actually pay (for a less visible ad). Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the Version on my phone has become insufferable the last 48 hours. Giant ad covers to thirds of each page other than the home page.

AJ1

Reaction score
Thanks LA Guy, appreciate the additional context. Glad to hear this isn't something you guys are doing intentionally and hopefully you guys can track these guys.

Those are not supposed to be there, and we are constantly playing whack a mole. It's something that happens nearly exclusive on mobile, because apparently it's easier and much harder to catch/track. It's an ongoing problem in the induistry. Please just pm @admin the timestamp and your OS and IP, and we'll try to track them down.

What is happening there is that some advertisers spoof the scripts, and we are left with those. Though we only use top of the line ad networks, they get through regularly. The problem is that ad networks resell and resell and resell, and it's very hard to actually get to the root of where these ads are originating. The advertiser (especially the reputable ones) are often wholly ignorant that somewhere down the line, someone spoofed the script so that they could pocket the extra money. The entire online ad industry is concerned with this, but like all cops and robbers games, the cops are nearly always playing catch up.

They actually take money out of our pockets too, since they get better rates than they actually pay (for a less visible ad). Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%