• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

Thun242

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the bottom of the mainpage, the link under the Newest Posts and under the New Listings In Buying And Selling is the same, showing the same destination. Both redirects to the Newest Posts.
It works now, good.

Last edited:

moltoelegante

Reaction score
I must have reported 50+ spam threads in the past 2 weeks alone. Perhaps the forum could introduce moderation for a user's first 3 posts? That would seem like a good solution as all the spam is coming from new user accounts posting just once.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The chat bar at the bottom of the screening mobile is annoying, and there doesn’t appear to be a way to turn it off. It takes up screen real estate and overlays other buttons.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The chat bar at the bottom of the screening mobile is annoying, and there doesn’t appear to be a way to turn it off. It takes up screen real estate and overlays other buttons.
especially on phone...

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It does overlay, but any button it overlays should scroll past so you can use them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I must have reported 50+ spam threads in the past 2 weeks alone. Perhaps the forum could introduce moderation for a user's first 3 posts? That would seem like a good solution as all the spam is coming from new user accounts posting just once.
Thanks for all your help.

Unfortunately, we don't have the staff nor the volunteers to make this viable. In order to not lose users, we would need someone on this 24/7. There is pretty compelling evidence that ANY barrier to posting, for a legitimate potential member will drive them away. So, there would have to be people monitoring every moment, so that they can approve or non-approve new user posts in real time.

We are trying to make our filters better, and can even manually introduce certain terms, like "keto" in post by new users that would kill some times of spam, but fighting against spammers will always be a game of whack-a-mole. There will never be a foolproof nor permanent solution to the problem, unfortunately, but we'll keep on top of it as well as possible.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does overlay, but any button it overlays should scroll past so you can use them.
I had to scroll past all of the preferences settings before the save button popped out from under the chat tab.

And this is just a mess.

moltoelegante

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we don't have the staff nor the volunteers to make this viable. In order to not lose users, we would need someone on this 24/7.
I can understand you not wanting to lose legitimate new users. If you need more volunteers to delete the spam posts, I'd be happy to help out.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I had to scroll past all of the preferences settings before the save button popped out from under the chat tab.

View attachment 1303279

And this is just a mess.

View attachment 1303280
We're taking a look. Since we are a small team without a team of engineers, we were not able to test the system on a comprehensive set of devices and OSs. I sometimes get what you get , and sometimes get this:

We are trying to figure out why that is right now. Thanks for bearing with us, and sorry for the inconvenience as we work through this.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This chat bar thing sucks ass and takes up a ton of space. Why wouldn’t it be something to opt in?
It's not like opting out of email. It's a new function that is part of the core of the software, and only works within the software. We are not aware of any opt in or opt out options, unfortunately. This goes even for administrators. That said, we will be working on the design of the chat bar. to make it just as obvious, but less intrusive.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This chat bar thing sucks ass and takes up a ton of space. Why wouldn’t it be something to opt in?
Yeah, this thing is awful. We've already got "conversations" and threads. I don't see why we need active chats too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, this thing is awful. We've already got "conversations" and threads. I don't see why we need active chats too.
Because after a better b&s system, something we’re also working on, the number two request has been for the ability to chat with another member in real time.
Cheers,
Fok.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also having issues with chat tab overlay persistently covering lower part of screen and degrading UX on mobile; my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10, running Android v. 10 and One UI v. 2.0. Tagging @admin on advice of @LA Guy. Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Also having issues with chat tab overlay persistently covering lower part of screen and degrading UX on mobile; my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10, running Android v. 10 and One UI v. 2.0. Tagging @admin on advice of @LA Guy. Thanks.
Would you mind shooting over a few screenshots? Unfortuately, that is not a device that I or any of my staff have.

Cheers,

Fok.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%