Styleforum Success Stories

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by APK, Dec 27, 2010.

1. snake

snake Senior member

It was when I went to visit some family in Taiwan in 09 that made me really self aware how god awful I was dressed. My outfits were completely devoid of any personality or creativity. SF approved brands looked like shit on me so I broadened my search and started experimenting. Found that not only did Japanese clothing fit me really well, but it was something that worked for me and that I felt good in. But it wasn't something that happened overnight, which I think, is what many people that come to SF believe will happen. I can't count the number of bad purchases and the amount of money wasted before I figured it all out.

2. Riio

Riio Senior member

It was when I went to visit some family in Taiwan in 09 that made me really self aware how god awful I was dressed. My outfits were completely devoid of any personality or creativity. SF approved brands looked like shit on me so I broadened my search and started experimenting. Found that not only did Japanese clothing fit me really well, but it was something that worked for me and that I felt good in. But it wasn't something that happened overnight, which I think, is what many people that come to SF believe will happen. I can't count the number of bad purchases and the amount of money wasted before I figured it all out.

yeah but it was only a year or so between the two pics APK posted? that's a pretty impressive transformation

3. snake

snake Senior member

I think the first pic was from November last year and the more recent one from this summer, August, I think. So a little under a year, if that's where you want to mark my moment of "transformation".

4. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Yeah I think my style has generally stayed the same, only my stuffs way more expensive and fits a fuck of a lot better.

5. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

The Official Thread of Dressed by Internets

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

when i first started posting here, i wore rick, raf and occasionally some ann d. now i wear rick, ann d. ccp and BoO, ya know, just for some sprezz

8. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

9. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member

I've gotten more previous level with time. The world is cruel that way [​IMG]

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

People changing their styles completely after finding the internet fora does not suggest that they simply did what the internet told them. "Look at WAYWT and take cues from stuff you see that you like" is oft dispensed and perfectly acceptable advice.

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

i post for shits and giggles, not advice. it's fucking retarded to go to a forum to learn how to dress. that's not your personal style you're wearing everyone else's collective style and opinions. it's sad really.
    lol, so true... Although its kinda good when experimenting in order to see if what you put together is coherent, and looks well put together.
    I agree with this. I'll still be wearing abercrombie and hollister if I didn't know about SF, SZ, SUFU. [​IMG]
    LOL yah, this forum is definitely a good jump pad into learning about other brands. However, a lot of new people probably get too caught up in the "approved brands" and aren't branching out. I'm happy it took only myself to realize that jcrew sucks, and that I needed to find something else. That's why I went on the internet for teh fashiunz.

12. Lel

Lel Senior member

The Official Thread of Dressed by Internets
    [​IMG] Lol, dude misses the point completely. I guess he doesn't realize that about no one in their second pictures is taking typical SF consensus advice. In fact, the Snake "transformation" s exactly the opposite of what this dude is saying, from SF style to personal style. Seriously, some people... [​IMG]

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

this thread fucking sucks, need a bunch of internobodies to tell you how to dress? what the fuck.
    seriously dude? where did you learn about raf and ann and how is that any different from people online telling you about them? i'm sorry we didn't have access to fashunz like your younger self did. it's not like the internet said "go wear this" and the sheep went baahhh bahh. they wear shit they think looks nice and then when they realize it looks like shit they evolve. what the fuck is wrong with change? it's wrong for snake to change his style up to something he likes more and thinks suits him better? [​IMG] buncha hipster bullshit. "i heard about raf way before you did from my mom and not from some internet nobodies" "yeah well i was wearing raf diapers when i was a baby"

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

lol, so true... Although its kinda good when experimenting in order to see if what you put together is coherent, and looks well put together. LOL yah, this forum is definitely a good jump pad into learning about other brands. However, a lot of new people probably get too caught up in the "approved brands" and aren't branching out. I'm happy it took only myself to realize that jcrew sucks, and that I needed to find something else. That's why I went on the internet for teh fashiunz.
    lol at this tool. you don't have to suck up for approval from strangers on the internet. in fact you dont have to do it for people in real life. and seriously what the fuck is an opinion or even an education except a collective of other people's opinions, your analysis on them, and occasionally original material? what, is everybody supposed to reinvent calculus on their own?

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

on with the thread, great transformations