1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Styleforum Success Stories

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by APK, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Lane

Lane Senior member

dayam

really good thread

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. Lane

Lane Senior member

lol, that hoody is atrocious...btw, though what are those cropped pants you're wearing in the hobo pic?

4. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

they kinda look like r&b sweats from a while back...not sure though because I've never seen them pushed up as much as synth does

5. APK

APK Senior member

Volume II: All AZN-ish Edition! snake [​IMG] [​IMG] If, for some reason, someone decided to create an ad campaign with the purpose of showing that SF-approved brands don't work for everyone, snake circa 2009 would be the unanimous choice to be the face of the campaign. Even though snake's head has been lopped off in the first image with the wonders of Photoshop magic, I can assure you that there was sorrow in his eyes. "I don't get it," I'm assuming he thought. "StyleForum told me that these were good brands, but I still look like a big dummy." Thankfully, snake's growing pains were succinct enough where he was able to make the shift from Wings + Horns coats and hideous Engineered Garments neckties to Julius leathers and other brands that would make Ford-loving real Amer-uh-cuns cringe. The proof, as Billy Cosby once put it, is in the Jell-O pudding. Now snake doesn't even need the gun/cock holster that came with this leather. He's got beezies (or at least a lot of Styleforum members) willing to hold his dick for him. impolyt_one [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Much like The Artist Formerly Known as kelvinsense, our now beloved curator of ToJ once followed the path to Corny AZNville. As evidenced by the first image, however, Drew got to a point where he stopped dead in his tracks, leered down that path, and said, "Fuck it, it's always gonna be a dead animal across my back concept from now on." But Drew didn't stop by abandoning the baggy biz caz steeze. He told Gillette to fuck off and stopped shaving. To compliment the scruffier appearance, he also ditched the conservative cropped haircut. All pulled together, the man once destined to be Mayor of Corny AZNville (or at least a city commissioner), now looks like the kind of guy who'd fuck YOUR bitch and your only response would be, "What can I get you to drink?" nicelynice [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm breaking my self-imposed "Before pictures shouldn't come from way before SF residency" here. In his former condition, nicelynice's user name would have made him the mockery of the forum. "Hey nicelynice, stop looking so nicely nice and get some steeze, nerd" and what have you. But now? Now nicelynice is still nicelynice, but because he owns more leathers than aeglus, can fit into wjk, and still grins on occasion. He still looks more likely to hold the door open for you than to bang your broad, but nicelynice has still made quite the journey from dad jeans and Asics to leather-clad chap sending his regards from Korea/Japan/The Czech Republic?

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

fuckin lol at that first nn pic

7. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

hmmmm common theme: leather...

8. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

snake's grey julius moto makes me so goddamn envious. [​IMG]

9. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior member

you should put all of them in the 1st post

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

A great addition. How about mellowfellow? That guy kills it now, does he have an embarassing "before" photo?

11. APK

APK Senior member

Original post updated to reflect new additions.

Third volume coming later tonight (or tomorrow) with fewer Asians and leather.

12. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

^ As PG would say, this thread is most exerent!! Style Forum salutes you sir.

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Thread is a great inspiration. I hope to crush this next year.

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

this thread fucking sucks, need a bunch of internobodies to tell you how to dress? what the fuck.

15. Cool The Kid

this thread fucking sucks, need a bunch of internobodies to tell you how to dress? what the fuck.
    Anyone who's posted a WAYWT fit does. Why you [​IMG]???

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i post for shits and giggles, not advice. it's fucking retarded to go to a forum to learn how to dress. that's not your personal style you're wearing everyone else's collective style and opinions. it's sad really.

17. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

So, in order to look good for SW&D I should wear monotone colors and/or look like a dirty hobo and/or rapist? I still don't get it.

Oops, forgot the bunched up jeans or sweat pants.

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yes, exactly. you should have the personal style of skippy from family ties and then let the fashion geniuses here dress you up in their love, in their love...

19. Cool The Kid

i post for shits and giggles, not advice. it's fucking retarded to go to a forum to learn how to dress. that's not your personal style you're wearing everyone else's collective style and opinions. it's sad really.
    A valid perspective, I guess. But to dismiss the value of advice seems silly. A lot of people here have their own styles, just needed a little guidance to find the pieces & put them together cohesively

20. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

ahahhahaha

love you apk