• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum/Peasant "What are you wearing now" contest - Late edition

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry for the wait, but I'd like to introduce our latest contest. These guys tell their own stories. I've entered just one picture per contestant due to space considerations, but please check their posts for more information.

Winner gets a nice pair of Wings+Horns selvedge denim jeans courtesy of Brian and Karissa at Peasant ( www.peasantonline.com )

Voting will last until Friday, November 10.

a) Ken

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...2&postcount=31

b) SidneyLo
waywt_oct13_01.jpg

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...8&postcount=79

c) Cloudhands
10-18-07.jpg

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...6&postcount=66

drake

Reaction score
Voting for Cloudhands. (Not gay and feel weird voting for a picture of a guys ass).

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
cloudhands got my vote. The fadingon his is pretty epic.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was robbed!!

i vote ken, but seriously, how did sid make it back in here considering he had absoulutely no story about his jeans? I thought that was the main point?
baldy[1].gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
You'll forgive me if I think Augusto was robbed. No offense to the other candidates but he actually HAD a story with his jeans.

Edit: Wish I would have read poly's post first. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Ken is the only one who had anything interesting related to his jeans.

This is the hanging chad of contests.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What he said. I thought Augusto86 was the runaway favorite for this one.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
friday is the 9th, saturday is the 10th.

sheesh, getting my bday messed up
satisfied.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i had thought the same thing about augusto, but didn't really know what to say, or how to say it.

he was robbed indeed.

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
I wish i could give denim away to all the contestants because they were all really great & this was by far the hardest decision to make. The story and the denim were the focus; not one without the other. Sidney's pictures told his story and cloudhands denim is just beautiful in the wear. These are jeans that have really been worn and the fit on all three contestants is spot on.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Did I mention my dog just died? He loved jeans.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Aww, thanks guys. Truth be told, I probably just made fun of Fok too much about the whole thing. Never piss off the boss!

But I vote Sid, personally, just because his photo series was really cool and was something I always wished I had the patience and dedication to do.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeasantLLC
I wish i could give denim away to all the contestants because they were all really great & this was by far the hardest decision to make. The story and the denim were the focus; not one without the other. Sidney's pictures told his story and cloudhands denim is just beautiful in the wear. These are jeans that have really been worn and the fit on all three contestants is spot on.

i think the point of this was lost in translation as from what i'm hearing is that's its about the evolution of jeans and not a story of jeans. which i wished i knew because i have far more pictures than actual stories. oh well.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i think the point of this was lost in translation as from what i'm hearing is that's its about the evolution of jeans and not a story of jeans. which i wished i knew because i have far more pictures than actual stories. oh well.
+1. I think we all did.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
The links are all busted for me.

I think's sid's story with the visual arts project is kind of interesting and he has beautiful fades on his jeans, some of the best i've seen. However, i know that sid technically can't wear these until march 1st 2008 and i want to see some the w&h jeans worn. I would've preferred who, augusto and poly based on their stories and jean history but i can understand the others based on wear pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads