• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum Menswear Map

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A great idea from @sinnedk in an SWD forum. I started this in CM but map should include all #menswear stuff. I created a shared Google Map that anyone can edit. A few recommendations:

- stick to either smaller, unique stores (Drake's, the Armoury, Sid Mashburn) or maybe larger destination places (Barneys, Hudson Yards)
- stay away from standard, boring places like department stores and the same tiresome outlets you can find everywhere
- think global

Anyway, here's the link to base map. I quickly added the places I usually visit from memory. Please share across threads and edit at will.

EDIT: okay, link to Google Maps not showing. Working on it...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess this was tried before for specific cities. @LA Guy is it worth trying a single map?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured a shared map might work. Looks like my email is tied to it, though. I sent a query to Fok to see about how to post and such. Will wait until I hear back.

Maybe better if Styleforum Admins create one we call add to? Idea was for one-stop place for all menswear stores, CM, SWD, etc.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we could use different layers for SWD and CM, that would be great.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy to do in Google Maps. Still waiting to see what SF says. Should be easy for them to host it and just let folks edit at will.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
StyleForum has shopping maps

I made one for San Francisco. It used to have an accompanying database, where I wrote out the brands carried at each store, as well as their general aesthetic. I don't know what happened to that Excel sheet, however.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just chiming in to say that if this can be made to work its a fantastic idea!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
StyleForum has shopping maps

I made one for San Francisco. It used to have an accompanying database, where I wrote out the brands carried at each store, as well as their general aesthetic. I don't know what happened to that Excel sheet, however.

Yeah, I saw some of the individual city maps and used them before. Good stuff! It seems like a single map using Google Maps might be a better idea. Can cover the globe. Of course it would likely be just pins and the accompanying Google descriptors without member-added content.

Also, the map would stay current as Google notes when locations are no longer in business.

Anyway, possibly just a good idea than might or might not work.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually think just one map would work.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, one Google map with multiple layers for CM, SWD, food, etc. SFers always have good food recs. Contributors would have to request access so that SF username could be linked to Google account, and so that spammers couldn’t post crazy *********** map.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads