• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum members beware of ghulkhan

Status
Not open for further replies.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Leave it up so he can respond. If we can't shame people, what do we have left?
Exactly! That's the way the Japanese do it... and it works! On with the public shaming.
Originally Posted by m@T
he posted 10 times in the last 24 hrs, so I think it is safe to say he's around. and ok - thanks for the feedback, I'll give him right-of-reply
And the funniest thing is that most of those 10 posts are bragging about all the expensive **** he bought.
wink.gif
So probably the "I've fallen on hard times" excuse is going to fall a little flat.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
And the funniest thing is that most of those 10 posts are bragging about all the expensive **** he bought.
wink.gif
So probably the "I've fallen on hard times" excuse is going to fall a little flat.

eeeeasy guys. Thin-ice thread as it is....wait for the response, and if a pile-on is called for, well, we all know it'll happen.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
eeeeasy guys. Thin-ice thread as it is....wait for the response, and if a pile-on is called for, well, we all know it'll happen.

You're right... sorry about that.
frown.gif
I'll just sit back and make some popcorn, to be enjoyed regardless of the results.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
You're right... sorry about that.
frown.gif
I'll just sit back and make some popcorn, to be enjoyed regardless of the results.

And if anyone is bored waiting, there are some nice seven folds going for $40 bucks at the Ralph Lauren outlet at Woodbury. WJTLN.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RunningBeagle
And if anyone is bored waiting, there are some nice seven folds going for $40 bucks at the Ralph Lauren outlet at Woodbury. WJTLN.

Ooh, sounds nice. Shall we meet for lunch and then do a little shopping? I'm thinking Thai today...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really should go up there one of these days. Still haven't been.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
This is very disappointing.

I'm sure Socal is a very busy guy too, but he still managed to find the time to ship out dozens of free items on top of paying for the shipping.

Now that's a class act.

I never got a free item and I even posted a picture.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I never got a free item and I even posted a picture.

I thought the pics I PM'd you back were a fair trade.
frown.gif

heard546

Reaction score
I wonder why someone would constantly brag about expensive cars, and list his every purchase. Is he compensating for some short coming or trying to fit in with a particular group of forum members or group outside the forum. I share my new purchases with my wife, and 2 close friends. I only show my friends because we have similar taste, and may be interested in something similar or the same item.

As per not responding, and not refunding a fellow forum member. That's not ethical or approved behavior. If the claim is true, then he should have his privilages removed for a given period of time.

Also, if he truly purchased all the items he claims we doesn't he post picture of every single item so that fellow forum members can review the item.

Just my random thoughts.

-tony

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I really should go up there one of these days. Still haven't been.

You should make a trip someday because great deals can be had. Just beware of the heinous traffic and parking situation, especially on the weekends!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heard546
I wonder why someone would constantly brag about expensive cars, and list his every purchase. Is he compensating for some short coming or trying to fit in with a particular group of forum members or group outside the forum. I share my new purchases with my wife, and 2 close friends. I only show my friends because we have similar taste, and may be interested in something similar or the same item.

As per not responding, and not refunding a fellow forum member. That's not ethical or approved behavior. If the claim is true, then he should have his privilages removed for a given period of time.

Also, if he truly purchased all the items he claims we doesn't he post picture of every single item so that fellow forum members can review the item.

Just my random thoughts.

-tony

ahem

Originally Posted by m@T

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
ahem

Sadly YouTube is not providing any videos of Barbara Mandrell singing "Love is Thin Ice"

frown.gif

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope this isn't true, if it is he should be permanatly banned from the entired forum IMO. It makes all of us sellers look bad.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had this exact same experience with another seller...a "Senior Member" with about 300 posts.

I kept on giving him more and more time...when we got past the PayPal dispute period, he vanished from the forum.

I didn't make this public...just sent J a note saying he should be alert to other complaints.

The experience cost me about $250 if I remember correctly. I just chalk it up to a world where you interact with people you never meet.

- B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads