Styleforum members beware of ghulkhan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by osho, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _AMD

_AMD Senior member

I dont normally post till later in the evenings. Sometime im too busy to between school and work.

1. Person lives in Australia
    2. They bought some Gucci shoes from me in which I only asked them to add ten dollars to the shipping.
    3. I think it was 115-120 total?

USPS does not provide tracking for international shipments because USPS does not handle it the whole way.

In my opinion, having shipped things internationally sometimes takes a long time. Previous buyers from me soemtimes had to wait up 4 weeks to receive some packages.

So where does that leave me? I dont know if he received the package or not. He said he had not received it and asked me if he should file a claim through paypal. I told him that if he wanted to sure however I did send it to him and I would eventually give his money back if he does not receive it. (I would trust him that he is telling the truth)

Now that he did all this, it makes me change my mind...

I have not had a problem with any buyers on this site before.

And many people have trusted me with their money, even putting a direct deposit into my bank account. Not just Jet but a lot of others as well..

And yes Rach, the 120 dollars that I "scammed" from this guy was to fund thousands of dollars of other purchases.

Anyways, im out. Continue with your circle jerk

I guess maybe I'm not understanding your post (except the part where you brag about spending thousands of dollars on clothing recently). Are you suggesting that because the OP lives in Australia it is normal for the delivery to take two and a half months? You mention that in your experience it takes up to four weeks for delivery to Australia. Wouldn't that make you wonder why this particular delivery is taking two and a half months? If you knew that you couldn't track a USPS delivery to Australia, why wouldn't you choose a different shipper, even if it was only to cover your own ass? It just seems to me that you are giving the same excuse that every scammer gives, "Gee, I don't know what happened to your goods. I did send it though. Trust me. Don't worry, I'll refund your money if it NEVER shows up." What time period should the OP wait before deciding that the goods will never show up? Just enough time to be outside of any window for recourse?

Aaron

2. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

This thread is the 'Cloverfield' of threads.

You can't wait to see the monster up close and once you do... [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Unfortunately Holdfast's gif supremacy has been usurped.

I bow down in worship of amerikajinda's Indy gif. [​IMG]

Even if it apparently took him 3 attempts to get it to post right... [​IMG]

No way. Lacking in the full-on geek cred of Geordi rolling around in Engineering.

I had to do something to match your Batman reference, you nerd. [​IMG]

+15 super Geek points for spelling "Geordi" right.

Ka'plaa!!!

I say Klingon armour is going to be next year's big thing.

4. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

I guess maybe I'm not understanding your post (except the part where you brag about spending thousands of dollars on clothing recently). Are you suggesting that because the OP lives in Australia it is normal for the delivery to take two and a half months? You mention that in your experience it takes up to four weeks for delivery to Australia. Wouldn't that make you wonder why this particular delivery is taking two and a half months? If you knew that you couldn't track a USPS delivery to Australia, why wouldn't you choose a different shipper, even if it was only to cover your own ass? It just seems to me that you are giving the same excuse that every scammer gives, "Gee, I don't know what happened to your goods. I did send it though. Trust me. Don't worry, I'll refund your money if it NEVER shows up." What time period should the OP wait before deciding that the goods will never show up? Just enough time to be outside of any window for recourse?

Aaron

yes usinig usps or fedex is def worth it when that would leave me probably with what? 10-20 dollars in the end?

5. X-It

X-It Senior member

[​IMG]

This thread just keeps getting better.

Yeah! [​IMG]

6. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

Rather anti-climatic. [​IMG]

I expected much better as well.

7. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

You're the seller and if it's just $115-120, you should have long since refunded and called it a day. With your "bank," that's a drop in the bucket. He paid in August; it's November.

Obviously the OP has been emailing/PMing a lot and worried about the whole thing and driving you up the wall. After a coupla months, why not just refund the small amount at issue and be done with the whole thing? That's like, what... one sleeve of a Jil sweater?

Others may say the whole thread is "anticlimatic," but it still seems to me that going out and doing a bunch of shopping and posting about that while having unresolved selling issues is pretty shitty, IMO. But, hey, others can decide for themselves.

/end of thread for me. I'm just glad I got to speak Klingon a few posts up.

I was plannign to refund him the money. i told him to email me rather tahn PM me here since I rarely check it and it often gets full.

Also, so any one who asks you to refund them since they did not receive it you should automatically trust right? Thats a good tip!

8. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Nice M3, dude.

9. osho

osho Member

Oh dear, ghulkhan is this the best reply you can come up with? The problem with hoarders is that they keep everything and I have all the private messages and email from you in which you admit to me that those shoes were returned to your post office due to "insufficient postage" , and I still have that email from 15th October where you said to me that you will refund my money once you have filed a claim with post office since the item was insured.

So please don't give me some crap about item being lost or I got the item but now I am trying to screw you.

Be a man and own up.

[​IMG]

I dont normally post till later in the evenings. Sometime im too busy to between school and work.

1. Person lives in Australia
    2. They bought some Gucci shoes from me in which I only asked them to add ten dollars to the shipping.
    3. I think it was 115-120 total?

USPS does not provide tracking for international shipments because USPS does not handle it the whole way.

In my opinion, having shipped things internationally sometimes takes a long time. Previous buyers from me soemtimes had to wait up 4 weeks to receive some packages.

So where does that leave me? I dont know if he received the package or not. He said he had not received it and asked me if he should file a claim through paypal. I told him that if he wanted to sure however I did send it to him and I would eventually give his money back if he does not receive it. (I would trust him that he is telling the truth)

Now that he did all this, it makes me change my mind...

I have not had a problem with any buyers on this site before.

And many people have trusted me with their money, even putting a direct deposit into my bank account. Not just Jet but a lot of others as well..

And yes Rach, the 120 dollars that I "scammed" from this guy was to fund thousands of dollars of other purchases.

Anyways, im out. Continue with your circle jerk

10. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

I am sorry to all the people who I have scammed. Please come out and tell your story.

11. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Seeing as how this is the most viewed thread on SF at the moment. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Someone please buy my shoes. I promise I won't ghulkan you. | | V

12. saint

saint Senior member

Honestly, the roll wasn't even necessary. He could've just walked briskly underneath it.

I think that move is called "the Shatner".

13. Siggy

Siggy Senior member

I promise I won't ghulkan you.

A new term is born.

[​IMG]

14. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

Oh dear, ghulkhan is this the best reply you can come up with? The problem with hoarders is that they keep everything and I have all the private messages and email from you in which you admit to me that those shoes were returned to your post office due to "insufficient postage" , and I still have that email from 15th October where you said to me that you will refund my money once you have filed a claim with post office since the item was insured.

So please don't give me some crap about item being lost or I got the item but now I am trying to screw you.

Be a man and own up.

[​IMG]

post them up, that would prove or disprove he is telling the truth/lie

15. CharlesAlexander

CharlesAlexander Senior member

Someone please buy my shoes. I promise I won't ghulkan you.
    |
    |
    V

This is the funniest reply ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.