• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum limited edition pieces from Engineered Garments and Michael J Krell

Dill

Reaction score
Put me down for a hoodie, and if I finally get a job, I can get a belt!

moosy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dill
Put me down for a hoodie, and if I finally get a job, I can get a belt!
same here

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Fok, can you give some kind of reference for the color of the chestnut suede? I'm diggin the buckle.

Tom

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick update: Michael is going to make a special dye batch just for us anal bastards. I'll post pics of the swatches by the end of the week. Stay tuned. For all those who are commited to the hoodie, PM me with size info. For reference, a medium fits me quite (5'11", under 155 lbs) quite fitted. So the small should fit all the super skinny dudes here.

raley

Reaction score
What is it that is so great about the hoodie vs. say an AA one? Just curious since the price is a bit more and I haven't really heard of this brand being mentioned before. Are there any better pics than the overly dark one from the website that is posted in this thread?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
What is it that is so great about the hoodie vs. say an AA one? Just curious since the price is a bit more and I haven't really heard of this brand being mentioned before. Are there any better pics than the overly dark one from the website that is posted in this thread?

It's vastly different in its aesthetic than American Apparel. The fit is edgier and less plain, and its also made out of a much thinner fabric. The clincher, however, is that hes an independent designer, and so the price is going to be higher for us because the price is much higher for him to manufacture, than say, American Apparel.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
It's vastly different in its aesthetic than American Apparel. The fit is edgier and less plain, and its also made out of a much thinner fabric. The clincher, however, is that hes an independent designer, and so the price is going to be higher for us because the price is much higher for him to manufacture, than say, American Apparel.

Well, it's got a lot of interesting details not found in a typical hoodie - a rounded arm pocket, a baseball style hem, a custom color just for Styleforum, and is made out of organic cotton jersey from North Carolina, which has a distinct hand, rather than a cotton fleece material. The material is dyed, and the shirts cut and sewn by just a few people in Omaha and the shirts are considerably better constructed. Actually, it was this hoodie that attracted me to this company in the first place. This brand hasn't been mentioned before because it is virtually unknown. I don't know, I like looking for unknown brands with an interesting aesthetic. It's my thing...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD

Well, it's got a lot of interesting details not found in a typical hoodie - a rounded arm pocket, a baseball style hem, a custom color just for Styleforum, and is made out of organic cotton jersey from North Carolina, which has a distinct hand, rather than a cotton fleece material. The material is dyed, and the shirts cut and sewn by just a few people in Omaha and the shirts are considerably better constructed. Actually, it was this hoodie that attracted me to this company in the first place. This brand hasn't been mentioned before because it is virtually unknown. I don't know, I like looking for unknown brands with an interesting aesthetic. It's my thing...

I'm going to try to post a picture of the hoodie tomorrow, and the color swatch of the Styleforum custom color later this week.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is SF going to get a cut of this? Then we can all feel good about splurging.

--Andre

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

I'm going to try to post a picture of the hoodie tomorrow, and the color swatch of the Styleforum custom color later this week.

Do you know how many factories or mills are doing cotton for clothing like this on the east coast? Just curious. It's quite rare to have cotton fabric like this still being made in the US, not to mention in presumably very small batches, no? When styleforum gets the Madras Trad hoodie, please let me know.

raley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yes. It's an SF exclusive, after all.

Any word on better pictures, or someone actually wearing it?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics today of a hoodie, not in the Styleforum color, time permitting. I have a ton of work today
mad.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads