• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum limited edition pieces from Engineered Garments and Michael J Krell

Brian SD

Reaction score
Kingkong, you'll find $60 worth of wear in it no problem I think.

LA Guy, I think we should have some sort of collective on what "Styleforum Red" is. Personally I dont think the red bars on our interface would be very wearable as a hoodie and I doubt it would go with many SF member wardrobes.

Mark me down for a hoodie. I dont think I'll take a belt, as much as I love the EG belt, I just don't think I need another.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Kingkong, you'll find $60 worth of wear in it no problem I think.

LA Guy, I think we should have some sort of collective on what "Styleforum Red" is. Personally I dont think the red bars on our interface would be very wearable as a hoodie and I doubt it would go with many SF member wardrobes.

Mark me down for a hoodie. I dont think I'll take a belt, as much as I love the EG belt, I just don't think I need another.

Okay, how about a darker, more maroon/wine type of color? Styleforum maroon?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KingKongLives
any chance the hoodies could be thermal-lined?
could you also elaborate on the perfect for "summer evenings"?

i'm interested, but would i get to use it a lot since i'm going tothe east coast next year?

The hoodies are not thick, fleece hoodies. They are summer hoodies, made out of a good quality organic cotton jersey rather than a fleece. You wouldn't get a lot of use out of it in January, but would between March and September...

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Okay, how about a darker, more maroon/wine type of color? Styleforum maroon?

On my monitors the menu bar and bars separating posts are in fact maroon/wine, more than red, and this is the color I want.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
On my monitors the menu bar and bars separating posts are in fact maroon/wine, more than red, and this is the color I want.
Hex #963032.

Dill

Reaction score
Mysteriously, the sweatshirt on his web page appears to already be in Styleforum Maroon! (or close to it)
tounge.gif
sweatshirt6sx.jpg

tangerine

Reaction score
^ I think that color looks good with indigo (#4B0082, according to w3schools.com, but I think it's more like #26176F).

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May be interested in EG belt, pending pics.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I'll probably take a hoodie but might like to have a better idea of the color before that. The belt is tempting but I already have one so it would really depends how much I'm into the new color choices.

wallateer

Reaction score
I'd probably go for a hoodie in a darker red/maroon myself, after I see the color.

Peter

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a hoodie in a maroon color from Michael already, in my sample case in the office. Maybe I'll put it on my form and take a picture Monday. As for pictures of belt colors and whether it would be possible to get detachable belt straps, I'll try to get you guys an answer by the end of next week. That may be little tougher though.

Just and update.

Fok.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Yea, the only thing I dont like about that maroon is that its a really similar (exact?) to the really generic AAA / Hanes / whatever maroon color. I'd like to see something with more uniqueness to it.

Thoughts?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It (the maroon) is darker and has a lot more brown to it then the generic Hanes, Lee, etc... For example, I have a "The Cast" hoodie in the "faded wine" color, (essentially a washed out version of the Lee 50/50 maroon), and the material MJK uses is significantly more brown.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
It (the maroon) is darker and has a lot more brown to it then the generic Hanes, Lee, etc... For example, I have a "The Cast" hoodie in the "faded wine" color, (essentially a washed out version of the Lee 50/50 maroon), and the material MJK uses is significantly more brown.

That sounds cool to me. I'm definitely down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads