• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum limited edition pieces from Engineered Garments and Michael J Krell

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How durable is the fabric? Comments that it's a lot thinner than AA leave me worried, considering the substantially higher price tag. Is this just a tshirt with some nice dye, an unusual pocket, and a hood?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
How durable is the fabric? Comments that it's a lot thinner than AA leave me worried, considering the substantially higher price tag. Is this just a tshirt with some nice dye, an unusual pocket, and a hood?

It is not a fleece hoodie, but a jersey, which means that it is closer to a tee than a fleece hoodie. However, at 10.5 ounces, it is significantly heavier than most tees, including heavy weight tees, which are generally about 9 ounce fabrics. And it is pretty stretchable (i.e. unlike stock jersey tees from, say, Fruit of the Loom or Hanes Beefy, it's not going to tear easily). However, it's not thick like Spruce hoodie, for example...

minya

Reaction score
Cool, your picture makes it look a lot more appealing. Is it meant to be worn as a shirt -- or is it meant to be worn with something underneath it?

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LAG, what's the estimated ballpark on the EG belt?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
Cool, your picture makes it look a lot more appealing. Is it meant to be worn as a shirt -- or is it meant to be worn with something underneath it?

Um, either, I guess. I wear mine (green, with a tee underneath. But you could easily wear it as a single layer long sleeve tee as well, especially in the summer.)

And the belts will run about $170 USD. More info as that develops.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have now added a picture of the swatch. It is pretty true on my monitor under natural light. Under fluorescent light, the color is even a little more brown.

Anyway, for all interested in placing an order, please paypal me $65 (USD) to [email protected] or $70 if outside the US. The price includes shipping. Please make sure to include your size. For reference, the hoodie pictures I posted were of a small on a 38 inch chest hoodie. It fits more relaxed on a 36 chest size and is the length is meant for a 5'11" person. I am 5'11", 153 lbs, and the medium fits slim on me.

If you have any special sizing issues (height, need a size larger than 42 (which an XL fits, etc...) please include that information me, and I can accomodate you.) Please be sure to include your shipping address dudes.

It would really help me out if you ordered ASAP if you are sure about it instead of waiting, because it helps keep freight costs down. Thanks dudes.

Hope you guys like the first ever Styleforum Denim and Streetwear exclusive.

Fok.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds good.

Ok maybe I'm sounding paranoid, but a L would fit a 6 feet, 170 lb person (yours truly) well?

LAG, btw when will the stuff be shipped out?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
Sounds good.

Ok maybe I'm sounding paranoid, but a L would fit a 6 feet, 170 lb person (yours truly) well?

LAG, btw when will the stuff be shipped out?

Hey Dude,

Yes to your first question, and about 1.5 weeks from whenever I get the first bunch of orders in. I am hoping that dudes order ASAP so that you I can order and ship in bulk and not get killed on shipping fees. (I will probably put in the first request for hoodies next Monday or Tuesday). Remember that these are all made to order. Someone has got to dye the fabric, wash it, and then sew the hoodies. Nothing (except the jersey itself) is premade.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Hey Dude,

Yes to your first question, and about 1.5 weeks from whenever I get the first bunch of orders in. I am hoping that dudes order ASAP so that you I can order and ship in bulk and not get killed on shipping fees. (I will probably put in the first request for hoodies next Monday or Tuesday). Remember that these are all made to order. Someone has got to dye the fabric, wash it, and then sew the hoodies. Nothing (except the jersey itself) is premade.

Fok, are we Paypalling you ASAP to order, or are we waiting until you have them in hand?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Fok, are we Paypalling you ASAP to order, or are we waiting until you have them in hand?

Same question and can adjustment be made for a 5'8" guy? I'd like to have something a little shorter than usual....and maybe slightly tighter to compensate

Thanks amd I'll transfer the money as soon as you confirm it's allright so probably tomorrow....

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD

Paypalling me ASAP so that I can order. I would like as many paid orders as possible ASAP so that I can get a bunch made and shipped and not get hit on freight.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Same question and can adjustment be made for a 5'8" guy? I'd like to have something a little shorter than usual....and maybe slightly tighter to compensate

Thanks amd I'll transfer the money as soon as you confirm it's allright so probably tomorrow....

Yeah, the hoodie can be made a little shorter. In your paypal, make sure to put in the size you want and put any special requests in the notes - most reasonable accomodations can be made. I'll email you if something cannot be done. Thanks,

Fok.

moosy

Reaction score
Sorry but I am now confused about sizing.
I am 5'5-5'6, 120lb, so I am between S and XS depending on the company.
So is this one too big for me in S?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads