1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Styleforum limited edition pieces from Engineered Garments and Michael J Krell

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

I was surprised to find this little box on my porch when I got home from work - I was not expecting it would arrive in CA in 2 days! Fantastic belt. Thanks Fok. [​IMG]
    Hey Ron and All, The gallery of pics so far look terrific and I'm happy that Fok and Daiki were able to pull this one off for all of you. There is a way to wear this belt and by this pic, it is upside down. Alot of our customers inherantly thread the belt through the loops like most belts do but this belt you will have to enter the loops the opposite way. I'm not saying it is wrong to wear it this way but you will find that the latch will always be slipping down when you wear it. Maybe we can approach Daiki next F/W season to do a special Norfolk jacket so no one will miss out on that one. As soon as I get the OK from EG I will post the pics from our Spring / Summer 07 collections. Best Regards, Gary

2. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

the lookbook shows it as such: [​IMG] anyway, that's an awesome idea----a norfolk for next year, that is.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

We should all thank Gary as well for helping us land the belts!

And I think that a limited edition bedford would be just awesome.

4. denimdestroyedmylife

thanks, gary!!!

yeah, a bedford would be awesome. i wear mine everyday like raw denim.

5. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

If we did a limited edition Bedford, I'd start saving, like, right now.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

BTW, for anyone who missed out on the limited editions (sorry dudes) Gary Drinkwater (of Drinkwaters) has a whole new shipment of the EG belts in the brown (brass buckle) and black (pewter buckle), in lots of sizes, down to size 30, for anyone who is truly, truly skinny.

Hmmm... Engineered Garments for Styleforum Bedford jacket. I like it. Not saying that this will happen, but if it did happen, how many of you would commit to one (i.e. prepayment, same as before - maybe full payment, so that they ship out the day they arrive. Getting 2 sets of payments made fulfillment a bitch.) I'll make a poll.

7. denimdestroyedmylife

i would do a bedford if it were any color but black
    maybe a black herringbone
    definitely a brown
    perhaps blue
    this is in a year's time, yes?
    i would do another EG x SF belt in a year's time, too

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG] Faux tucked for your viewing pleasure.

9. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior member

Hmmm... Engineered Garments for Styleforum Bedford jacket. I like it. Not saying that this will happen, but if it did happen, how many of you would commit to one (i.e. prepayment, same as before - maybe full payment, so that they ship out the day they arrive. Getting 2 sets of payments made fulfillment a bitch.) I'll make a poll.

I would go for a herringbone Bedford.

10. denimdestroyedmylife

this belt is gonna be my sartorial undoing. i keep ACCIDENTALLY faux-tucking to show it off. [​IMG]

11. Bungee Man

Bungee Man Senior member

Bedford would be nice!

12. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Senior member

My belts didn't arrive yesterday, so I'm looking forward to a nice package in my mailbox when I get home! Both the henna and blue belts look absolutely awesome.

I would definitely be down for a Styleforum Bedford, which I would prefer to the Norfork. Either the whipcord or herringbone would be good choices.

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

IMO: A faux tuck is okay as long as the shirt naturally hangs on top of the belt. If the jeans are high-risers or the shirt is too long, all the wrinkles and tucking looks too obvious. Kent's is a good example, that's typically how my shirts fall naturally.

14. j

j Senior member Admin

I think the prong-upward variation is too lewd. I haven't had a problem with the thing popping open anyway. And the buckle on the new one seems slightly more stable than the older one I have.

15. jgu

jgu Well-Known Member

Already got a Norfolk. I could definitely go for a Bedford though.

16. Kent Wang

I think the prong-upward variation is too lewd.
    As opposed to having it point down at your crotch? [​IMG] On these Nudies, the left belt loop gets in the way of the keeper and so it really does need to be worn "backwards". I've always found that feature of Nudies to be annoying. I don't need a built-in "keeper" on my pants, thank you very much.

17. j

j Senior member Admin

As opposed to having it point down at your crotch? [​IMG] On these Nudies, the left belt loop gets in the way of the keeper and so it really does need to be worn "backwards". I've always found that feature of Nudies to be annoying. I don't need a built-in "keeper" on my pants, thank you very much.
    That's weird, I had never noticed that about Nudies. Doesn't it bug you with other belts as well?

18. Kent Wang

Most of my belts don't have keepers. The ones that do are small and flexible enough that they can fit under the loop.

19. raley

raley Senior member

I would like a Duffel or Engineer's coat more than a Bedford, and would commit to one. I'm probably in the minority though.

Edit: Just looked at the close pictures of the buckle. I just have a regular one and am really jealous of the snap on buckle and SF monogram!

20. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

Rusty on my notation, but:

probability of commitment = function of timetable x cost

need some numbers, brah. [​IMG]