• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

StyleForum Iron Chef Showdown

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The kwilkinson and Manton cooking school threads are some of the most popular in this forum. Based upon what you have read, who do you think would win an Iron Chef-style showdown between the two?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that kwilk is the no-brainer unless he is fibbing about his test scores. Manton can't even tourne his carrots properly.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I'd say depends on the theme ingredient. There are some ingredients with which I'm terribly unfamiliar--- by far my biggest weakness, imo. I'm sure Uncle Manty is more well-versed in some of them. I mean, he's been doing this for a long freakin time-- how old is he now? 45?? 50?

It'd be fun as hell though. I've challenged him to one before, but the whole NY-Chicago thing makes it difficult.

And this is without even mentioning that there are a couple people on here who could cook both of us under the table.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I'd say depends on the theme ingredient. There are some ingredients with which I'm terribly unfamiliar--- by far my biggest weakness, imo. I'm sure Uncle Manty is more well-versed in some of them. I mean, he's been doing this for a long freakin time-- how old is he now? 45?? 50?

It'd be fun as hell though. I've challenged him to one before, but the whole NY-Chicago thing makes it difficult.

And this is without even mentioning that there are a couple people on here who could cook both of us under the table.

Who? Do we have pro chefs in our midst?

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson

Given that I live in Columbus, my place is almost the perfect forum as it is more or less a neutral middle ground. I have a modern kitchen with all the amenities any aspiring Emeril Lagasse would ever desire.

What do you guys say? StyleForum Iron Chef Showdown: Short North

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kwilk would kick my ass.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Kwilk would kick my ass.
Nah man, I doubt that.
I think if the categories were:
Taste
Plating
Originality
we'd probably be pretty damn close.

If the categories were:
Taste
Plating
Originality
Attire
I'd be the laughingstock of SF and probably be banned immediately after you spanked me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Kwilk would kick my ass.

I am spending too much time in Dumb Threads...I read that as "lick".

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven`t followed the threads closely, but I imagine Manton would have the upper hand because of experience. Not experience in cooking, but experience in eating.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
I haven`t followed the threads closely, but I imagine Manton would have the upper hand because of experience. Not experience in cooking, but experience in eating.

I am thin, you jerk.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon

Sfield might disagree with you

Anyways, how about something like a virtual iron chef: a mod picks a theme ingredient say on a Thursday night (nothing too obscure / ridiculous), give the chefs Friday to pick up the stuff and Saturday to cook. Pics posted on Sunday morning for polling purposes? Obviously not as fun seeing them live, etc., but I think it would be a spirited contest.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Anyways, how about something like a virtual iron chef: a mod picks a theme ingredient say on a Thursday night (nothing too obscure / ridiculous), give the chefs Friday to pick up the stuff and Saturday to cook. Pics posted on Sunday morning for polling purposes? Obviously not as fun seeing them live, etc., but I think it would be a spirited contest.
How would we know a pictured dish doesn't taste awful?

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Who? Do we have pro chefs in our midst?

I believe that Iammatt has stated that he originally worked as a chef in some nice restaurants.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
How would we know a pictured dish doesn't taste awful?

I know....it's the best I could come up with while I'm on this awful conference call. I would hope the pics would be a decent indicator, in lieu of a bunch of us being able to judge live.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 250 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40