• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum goes to Vegas (to Guild, Capsule, etc...)

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm waiting for the Shades of Greige and Chronicles of Never pictures to show up somewhere.
confused.gif

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Man up. You live in SF, where it ranges from warm and sunny to slightly chilly and overcast. All you silly Americans should be made to live in Winnipeg for a full year to experience a muggy summer full of mosquitos followed by a bone-freezing winter where your eyelids will literally freeze closed.
laugh.gif
I use a neck gator almost all the time while motorcycling here. 50 degrees F, w/ a 30-40 mph wind is chilly! Don't need it for bicycling. But I was in Boston for 6 yrs and bicycle commuted, jogged, and camped year-round. We'd get a month where the high never reached 30. I remember biking at 7 degrees, sometimes into a wind-driven hail. Not fun. Certainly not Canadian temps though. In terms of heat, I've also lived/commuted in Las Vegas, Washington DC, New Orleans, and Manila. I bet that beats Winnipeg.
devil.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They need to make more use of that cashmere-wool blend

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
In terms of heat, I've also lived/commuted in Las Vegas, Washington DC, New Orleans, and Manila. I bet that beats Winnipeg.
devil.gif

Vegas sucks for heat. But really, it's a dry heat, and you can stay indoors all day, where there is AC. In fact, I'm pretty sure that that is encouraged. DC is hot during the summer, but again, everyone there has AC (unlike Winnipeg, where it's not really worth it). And summer is followed by a long, temperate "winter". In Winnepeg, you get to look forward to a long, suicide inducing winter. New Orleans and Manila, I have no idea why civilized people would want to live there, which is probably why so few do.

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Then you'll have to keep waiting. Didn't take pictures of either.

So what did you do in Vegas? If it involves women with loose morals, I want to see the pictures of that! And don't try to tell us you didn't take pics of that either
devil.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
why so serious kiya joon

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to hear that Atsui will reopen. Very glad to hear that.

Originally Posted by emptym
In terms of heat, I've also lived/commuted in Las Vegas, Washington DC, New Orleans, and Manila.

New Orleans weather is appalling. It is like a dog breathing on you continuously for 8-9 months of the year. Sorry New Orleans -- I hate to throw my home town under the bus but no denying it.

What is this about people being outside in Vegas? I did not know there was an outside.

Weather everywhere is a compromise, except in SoCal.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That's what happens when stupid people decide to set up shop in a swampy hurricane-crossing zone... Seattle has some of the best weather imo (occasional snowfall in winter, occasional >100 in summer but generally temperate)

Come on who, post post post!

nonissue

Reaction score
Yah, Vancouver/Seattle/Eastern Canada are my favorite weather climates.

More photos please!

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^we are a pain ********** LOL. Like dogs trying to tear into the bag of food before it hits the bowl . . . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads