1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auctions 2017 to benefit the Ronald McDonald House

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Sartorially Striving

Sartorially Striving Well-Known Member

That’s Miami. And “snow” gets put in quotes. lol

I think you have a winner on the Mac. Wish I could’ve defended it, but I’m 20 years from retirement to the PacNW.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

@PASstudy takes it with a bid of $300. Please email me at [email protected] for further details! Congratulations and thank you to all the bidders.

Next up is something that even people living in the tropics could ostensibly use!

Cheers,

Fok.

3. LA Guy

Auction 6: A Cuir de Russie Card Case from @Equus Leather
    starts immediately, ends 8 p.m. PST, Friday, Dec 8.

I'm a leather guy. And a belt guy, and it's unsurprising that some of my favorite belts (out of about 70) are from Equus Leathers, a belt maker in the UK stitching together belts, wallets, and other fine leather goods, by hand, in his one man workshop,

So it's with particular pleasure that I'm putting up for auction a custom card case made of the rare Cuir de Russie leather. The card case will be made to your specifications.

Here are a pictures of one Charlie made, just for inspiration. Of course, yours will be made as you like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (www.rmhc.org), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during this time, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price is 366 GBP, approximately $495 . We will start the bidding at about 1/2 of the retail, or $250. The bidding will go by increments of $25.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House.

Cheers,

Fok.

4. monkeydoodle

monkeydoodle Senior Member

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thats Metta Catharina leather?

6. drlivingston

drlivingston Distinguished Member

Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

7. LA Guy

8. Jmm722

Jmm722 Distinguished Member

9. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Not Metta Catherina, but the best recreation of the pre Russian revolution Russian calf. Lots of research went in to it and it’s extremely successful. The appearance is more or less identical but the quality is dramatically better having not had as hard a paper round

Charlie

10. andrel42

andrel42 Senior Member

I'll continue. $300

11. jbresler

jbresler Member

12. Jschoen

Jschoen Well-Known Member

13. LA Guy

And $350 takes it. Please email me at [email protected] for details on how to pay and claim your auction item.

We are taking a short break. Next item will be a big one and will start Sunday morning.

Cheers,

Fok.

14. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

15. LA Guy

Auction 7: A custom suit made of Drago cloth by @Lanieri
    starts immediately, ends 8 p.m. PST, Monday, Dec 11.​

Up next is a standout. Picture yourself next year in custom Lanieri suit, on the Malfi Coast in the summer, or in Florence walking on the bank of the Arno river in fall, or say, eating a pizza and not getting any in your enviable beard (see below) Drago has offered the cloth for this suit, so you may get the suit made in their premium cloths.

[​IMG]

or maybe something like this:
    [​IMG]

hey, it's your choice.

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (www.rmhc.org), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during this time, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price for the premium Drago cloth suits start at $1140. We will start the bidding at under 1/2 of the retail, or $500. The bidding will go by increments of $50.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House.

Cheers,

Fok.