1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auctions 2017 to benefit the Ronald McDonald House

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Nov 17, 2017.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Alright. 15 minutes. Let's hear if we have some more bids!

2. LA Guy

Alright, @Michigan Planner wins this round at a strong $160. Please email me for details.

And... the next round starts now and ends at about 9 a.m. PST, tomorrow, (Wednesday morning). Auction 18, also for @Sam Hober tie and pocket square combination. Check out www.samhober.com for ideas.

The retail price of these pocket square is approximately $170. We will start the bidding at 1/2 of the retail, or $85. The bidding will go by minimum increments of $15. Good luck, all

Cheers,

Fok.

3. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

4. purpleporing

purpleporing Well-Known Member

5. LA Guy

I'm gonna call this one as the winner. Please email me at [email protected] for more details.

Next auction up later today.

Cheers,

Fok.

6. LA Guy

Auction 19: A Pair of Carmina Adelaide Oxfords on the Rain last, courtesy of Carmina

Starts immediately, ends 9 a.m. PST, Thursday, Dec 28, or 10 minutes after the last bid, whichever comes later.

If this seems like deja vu, you are not wrong. The winner of this original auction (Auction 13) graciously donated the shoes back to us to re-auction. This is a shorter auction so that we get through as many items and raise as much money by New Years Eve!

Carmina has been a long time favorite on the forum (one of my first pair of well made, goodyear welted shoes were from Carmina, way back in 2003 or so). Founded in 1961 by José Albaladejo Pujadas, the scion of a long line of shoemakers dating back to Matías Pujadas, who first opened a workshop in Inca, Majorca, 1866, creating tailor-made shoes. The family is now into the 6th generation of shoemakers.

This auction is for one of their iconic shoes, the Adelaide, on the refined Rain last, in a mid-brown box calf.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (www.rmhc.org), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during this time, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price of these shoes is $450. We will start the bidding at 1/2 of the retail, or $225. The bidding will go by minimum increments of $50. Good luck, all

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House.

Cheers,

Fok.

7. c21ban

c21ban Senior Member

8. lodipp

lodipp New Member

9. LA Guy

Takes it for $375.

Please email me at [email protected] with the subject line "Charity Auction: Carmina" for details on payment and claiming your item.

Next auction up shortly (when I get through a ton of tasks).

Cheers,

Fok.

10. purpleporing

Sorry, my e-mail subject line probably sucked since it was my first time actually winning an auction and I hadn't paid much attention to the instructions before.
    Looking forward to the remaining ones...

11. LA Guy

Hmmm... could you email again? I don't see an email, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Fok.

12. purpleporing

Sure, thanks. I sent another e-mail. It will be from a porings.org e-mail address, and might have gone to spam.

13. LA Guy

Auction 20: A pair of Fiori di Lusso shoes of the winner's choice from ShoptheFinest

Starts immediately, ends 12 p.m. (noon) PST, Friday, Dec 29, or 10 minutes after the last bid, whichever comes later.

If you are not yet shod because you've been losing all of these auctions, this is your chance.

This auction is for the winner's choice of @ShoptheFinest 's Fiori di Lusso shoes. There are chukkas, oxfords, monkstraps... essentially everything a man needs.

Here is just one of many options:
    Fiori di Lusso chukka.jpg

https://www.shopthefinest.com/products/fiori-di-lusso-burgundy-red-boots-2?variant=933318656018

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (www.rmhc.org), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during this time, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price of these shoes go up to $599. We will start the bidding at ~1/2 of the retail, or $300. The bidding will go by minimum increments of $50. Good luck, all.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House.

Cheers,

Fok.

14. c21ban

c21ban Senior Member

I’ll start it off at $300.00

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017