• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StyleForum Gives: Annual Charity Auction 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got yourself something during the last few days? Good. Feels good, don't it? Now it's time to share the love.

There's something magical that happens when you give to others, and it's science. Gestures of generosity brings benefits not to just the recipient (duh), but also to you, the giver. Warm synapses of do-goodiness help to de-stress your brain and fire up activity in the reward and caregiving areas of your noggin, all of which helps you breathe a little easier and smile a little more -- something we can all have more of.

In some households, the holidays is when their lack is felt most acutely. That is why every year, StyleForum hosts a series of 24 hour auctions of merchandise generously donated by our affiliate vendors, and 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House, a nearly entirely volunteer-run charity, which houses and feeds the families of children who have to travel for medical attention.

This year, our donations will go specifically to the Ronald McDonald House of Spokane, serving the inland Northwest USA. At this chapter, the majority of families helped are those with premature babies, from rural communities without hospitals that can provide adequate care. The families, in addition to the stresses of a sick infant, often also have to contend with lost income as a result of having to take unpaid leave or even leaving a position. The Ronald McDonald House helps to alleviate the most acute of those needs - room and board.

It's a yearly event here at StyleForum that we're really proud of, and we heartily invite you to be a part of it. We're fortunate to have quite a few goodies for you to bid on from our affiliates already, and I'm sure we'll have more rolling in as the season progresses.

Here’s how it goesEach auction will take 24 hours, starting as close to 5 p.m. PST as I am able to make it, and ending the same time the next day, or 10 minutes after the final bid, whichever comes later.

All auctions will start at 50% of the retail price.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you got the retail wrong bruh - subbed.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another year already?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious question, if I win a bid and donate, do I donate directly to the Ronald McDonald house? Because that would qualify for my corporate match, which would really sweeten the deal for the charity

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious question, if I win a bid and donate, do I donate directly to the Ronald McDonald house? Because that would qualify for my corporate match, which would really sweeten the deal for the charity
Unfortunately, we can't do this, purely for logistical reasons, though we do appreciate the sentiment. Please hold off bids for a bit while we get fully organized.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soooo sorry about the hiccups.

Auction 1: Goodies from No Man Walks Alone

Starts today at 8:00 p.m. PST, Monday, Dec 2., lasts 24 hours or 10 minutes after the latest bid, whichever comes later.

Here’s what’s in the bag:

Any coat from Norwegian Rain, Doppiaa, and Document and accessories such as a hat, scarf and gloves of the winner’s choice – all said, a total up to $1500-$2000 retail value.

Bidding will start at $750, and increase by $50 increments.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some inspiration

185CDEF0-D61E-451E-9298-2A00307E4651.jpeg
3B73657B-85C2-4538-A324-C1F4CAB723DA.jpeg
44F8B094-9BFA-4A2F-B4BF-0C2E689B8871.jpeg
A46BC459-1E4A-48F9-8BB2-EE50C4A06652.jpeg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's what's confirmed so far from StyleForum affiliates:

Drinkwaters: Four custom made shirts from Individualized Shirt Company. The winner of the auction can choose 4 shirts up to M range, a value of up to $740.
Yeossal: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees where the successful bidder can specify his choice of model, last, leather and sole from our Made to Order catalogue. This is worth approximately 675 to 750 USD at retail price depending on options.
Cobbler Union: A gift certificate for up to 1 Goodyear welted shoe which is a retail value of $395.
Todd Shelton: A $500 Todd Shelton gift card
Kent Wang: batch of 3 different items: shawl cardigan, donegal sweater, sunglasses
The Armoury: One of their new 3 Pocket Blousons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads