1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Styleforum gets a fresh face - now live

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by j, Jan 4, 2013.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I agree, but when we started, language was wide open. These days, "affiliates" has a specific meaning that was confusing people. I'm not happy with "Industry Insiders" either. That's Huddler language, not ours, but I couldn't think of somethint better. I'm very open to (good) suggestions on that one.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  2. LA Guy

The rationale is that SW&D is a big tent, and I like that it evolves organically. I specifically did not want an image of SW&D that is static and tied to a specific style, whether it be 50s Rockabilly or Rick Owens and the rest of the skinny, muscleless, ninjas, or anything in between. I think that the picture we chose, which is of one of our coolest posters, conveys a sense of individual style, which is really what SW&D is all about (at its best).

1 person likes this.
  3. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

why dont you remove the reviews on the right side and put sponsors' banner? reviews are the most useless thing ever. CK jeans leo sneaker srsly?

1 person likes this.
  4. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

User Interface comment - when you have unread messages, the text (or at least the number) should be red or otherwise highlighted

http://cl.ly/image/3O2n2t2T0Y3S

5. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

you don't have to put a goth ninja up there, but I agree with the above poster that it's way too classic menswear for SW+D. Why have a guy in a suit? There's no discussion threads on the SW+D forum that talk about ties, blazers (besides the random ones offered in the epaulet thread), or anything else in that fit. That guy is not representative of the average SW+D person, they're in classic menswear. Makes no sense.

Like I said, doesn't necessarily have to be goth ninja rick owens, but at least something more modern than an ugly suit. Ervell, APC, W+H, fuck maybe even a dope Yohji fit or an Engineered Garments fit. Of course, the best option would be a clean design with no picture, but if we have to have one, the idea of having to look at that suit every time I log in is depressing.

6. LA Guy

If the revews are not adopted, we will probably use some of that space for things like the latest pictures in the thread, etc.... The sponsor buttons are at the the bottom for a reason, and they will probably stay there. Being right under the "reply" box actually gives them a lot more exposure than they had on the side, and so are both less obtrusive and have more exposure. All the energy graph analysis showed minimal clicks from the side bar, compared to activity towards the bottom of the screen. We want to put stuff in the right hand column that will really capture people's imagination.

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

WHY ARE MY SUBSCRIPTIONS STILL BLANK

8. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I think it looks great, congrats :D

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I think you ought to use the SW&D image for Classic Menswear purely for Manton's reaction :stirpot:

10. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I like how fresh and clean the new site looks, but I´d like to see a bit more contrast in general, specially between the threads each one has posted. It´d make it faster to navigate imo.

Re SWD pic, who is the poster? Just curious If it can be said, if not, no sweat.

11. 1969

1969 Senior member

Same here and it's been that way for 4-5 months. It makes me buy less stuff from afflilates.

12. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

It makes me hesitant to buy up StyleForum stock

13. Feji

Feji Senior member

I got my $$$ on Barims.

14. Samuel76

Samuel76 Member

The letters seem vere small and they are not so "clear" in parts of the front page for example. Otherwise good and clear lay out.

15. *#..

*#.. Senior member

If this hasn't been mentioned yet, you should probably change "Men's Clothing Classifieds" to "Classic Menswear Classifieds" to reflect the name change.