• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum gets a fresh face - now live

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True. The SW&D banner should be a picture of Rick Owens or like a still from The Wanderers....

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm guessing the rationale is not scaring off new visitors.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Kiya,

We actually did an energy graph, and most of the clicks were from the bottom of the page (or the threads). There is still the option of becoming a "featured sponsor", which will have more impact. The idea is to allow sponsors the opportunity to have maximum impact while not having too many sponsor buttons crowd the right hand column, where we plan to put more content.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Industry Insiders" doesn't seem to have quite the same ring as "affiliates" did...

I agree, but when we started, language was wide open. These days, "affiliates" has a specific meaning that was confusing people. I'm not happy with "Industry Insiders" either. That's Huddler language, not ours, but I couldn't think of somethint better. I'm very open to (good) suggestions on that one.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

True. The SW&D banner should be a picture of Rick Owens or like a still from The Wanderers....

I'm guessing the rationale is not scaring off new visitors.

The rationale is that SW&D is a big tent, and I like that it evolves organically. I specifically did not want an image of SW&D that is static and tied to a specific style, whether it be 50s Rockabilly or Rick Owens and the rest of the skinny, muscleless, ninjas, or anything in between. I think that the picture we chose, which is of one of our coolest posters, conveys a sense of individual style, which is really what SW&D is all about (at its best).

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why dont you remove the reviews on the right side and put sponsors' banner? reviews are the most useless thing ever. CK jeans leo sneaker srsly?

cl smooth

Reaction score

The rationale is that SW&D is a big tent, and I like that it evolves organically. I specifically did not want an image of SW&D that is static and tied to a specific style, whether it be 50s Rockabilly or Rick Owens and the rest of the skinny, muscleless, ninjas, or anything in between. I think that the picture we chose, which is of one of our coolest posters, conveys a sense of individual style, which is really what SW&D is all about (at its best).

you don't have to put a goth ninja up there, but I agree with the above poster that it's way too classic menswear for SW+D. Why have a guy in a suit? There's no discussion threads on the SW+D forum that talk about ties, blazers (besides the random ones offered in the epaulet thread), or anything else in that fit. That guy is not representative of the average SW+D person, they're in classic menswear. Makes no sense.

Like I said, doesn't necessarily have to be goth ninja rick owens, but at least something more modern than an ugly suit. Ervell, APC, W+H, **** maybe even a dope Yohji fit or an Engineered Garments fit. Of course, the best option would be a clean design with no picture, but if we have to have one, the idea of having to look at that suit every time I log in is depressing.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

why dont you remove the reviews on the right side and put sponsors' banner? reviews are the most useless thing ever. CK jeans leo sneaker srsly?

If the revews are not adopted, we will probably use some of that space for things like the latest pictures in the thread, etc.... The sponsor buttons are at the the bottom for a reason, and they will probably stay there. Being right under the "reply" box actually gives them a lot more exposure than they had on the side, and so are both less obtrusive and have more exposure. All the energy graph analysis showed minimal clicks from the side bar, compared to activity towards the bottom of the screen. We want to put stuff in the right hand column that will really capture people's imagination.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHY ARE MY SUBSCRIPTIONS STILL BLANK

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks great, congrats :D

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you ought to use the SW&D image for Classic Menswear purely for Manton's reaction :stirpot:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like how fresh and clean the new site looks, but I´d like to see a bit more contrast in general, specially between the threads each one has posted. It´d make it faster to navigate imo.

Re SWD pic, who is the poster? Just curious If it can be said, if not, no sweat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads