• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum gets a fresh face - now live

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All in all MUCH improved. Especially in terms of filling the screen and being much stronger graphically.

I will get on the 'too low contrast' bandwagon however. Almost all of the various shades of blue need to be more saturated.

Again though - MUCH improved.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For example, this is how the lower thingy looks in Chrome for me (clearly unacceptable): and in FF: I'm going to mess with Cleartype settings, but I'm hoping we can do something top-down to fix or work around this issue. Readability is obviously one of the most important considerations in a forum.
I dunno j--my fontsin chrome look just like the your firefox version. Your chrome is decidedly bad. My chrome is just smaller and more condensed than I would like. I suspect those are cleartype issues on your end.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mine looks good so far - Mac OS, Google Chrome.

also, this may not be exactly the right place to put this, but i really have to compliment whoever created the mobile version of SF. i actually prefer using it to the full desktop version (both the old one and the brand new one)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i really like the font that our usernames are in, on the left side of our posts. what font is that?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd like that too.
And while I like the blue background colour of the buttons (MULTI, QUOTE, REPLY etcetera), the buttons are a bit overwhelming now, especially with the post text being rather shy. :)
But definitely a big improvement already. Cheers, Parker!

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Font size seems to be smaller than before. Perhaps it is due to contrast from the new color scheme.
Other than that, all good.

Last edited:

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks great. Congrats to the team and Parker!

Christopher Essex

Reaction score
I think it looks very clean and fresh.

Great job, Parker!

One question: Do we now refer to this section as CM, or will it remain MC? ;)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In general, a good job and well done to those concerned.

I do agree with those mentioning font/text size and/or brightness issues. The background seems very bright and the text is small/hard to read comfortably against it. The colour scheme itself is fine though, it's just that the text isn't strong enough against it. Perhaps my eyes are just getting old... but still, I'm having to lean a bit into the screen to read and that's going to get tiring over time.

A related point: the page numbers at the top/bottom of a thread feel smaller/more squeezed together than before, making it harder to click to the next page. I'm not sure if they're actually smaller, or it's an effect of being hard to read them because of their relative weakness against the background.

EDIT - Just remembered a quick workaround: FF (and I'm sure most browsers) lets you set the font text zoom independently of the rest of the page zoom, so I've ramped up the font zoom to 115% (the page was already on 120%) and now I can read again. :)

EDIT 2
a) Actually, it's not a default option in FF; it's because I already had the NoSquint add-on installed. It's great.
b) If you have NoSquint, you can also play around with the Text and Background colours of the page too, so if it's just a contrast issue for you, simply set the Text to black instead of the default grey and problem completely solved without having to zoom at all. Personally, I prefer text zooming as going black changes other aspects of the new design (eg it changes usernames to black too).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics