• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum. For women.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
really? some of the tailors here were posting there. i wouldn't say none

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeffery D and Despos only posted there for a brief period of time, before, I think, leaving in frustration. The vast majority of the senior members there are just 'tailoring theorists' with access to more materials than the average SFer... which would have been fine, if they acknowledged that's all they were, and were open to others. The site seemed to fall into a weird, bizarre Freudian stew of guys just reinforcing each other's anger at the rest of the style internet (similar to FNB's site; seriously what's going on there?), and now it seems dead. Not to say that SF hasn't lost an immense amount of thoughtful discussion either.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No problem! Beauty like this ain't something you see every day, after all.

Not sure that was what Harvey meant!
:eh:

ROTFL

Reaction score

Not sure that was what Harvey meant!
:eh:

Oh, I know that. Especially since his original post, which I recieved via email, was

Nude pics, please.

I don’t usually bother replying to defectives. However, since the revised, chickenshit version of the post was a bit ambiguous, I thought I’d have a little fun with it.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why not post clothed pics first?

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I do not think all the misogyny is faux.

there must be some exclusive hatred for women subforum which I don't have an access to

probably women forums that contain content made by bloggers etc do exist, styleforum for women would be a good idea
but not within this forum. It can be done but it will likely fail imo, ive seen similiar attempts to branch out at other fora

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why can't threads on women's clothing, tailoring, shoes, etc be started? Don't see how there's a need for a subforum... yet.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh, I know that. Especially since his original post, which I recieved via email, was
I don’t usually bother replying to defectives. However, since the revised, chickenshit version of the post was a bit ambiguous, I thought I’d have a little fun with it.

I didn't mean to be chickenshit, I just revised my post. But yes, please post nude pictures of yourself.

melis

Reaction score
I'm a woman who has avidly lurked on Styleforum for 5 or 6 years now, particularly enjoying the WAYWRN/WAYWT threads. I have looked online for something comparable for women, but never found it. I admit I enjoy the fits/cuts/styles/classic quality of menswear (and the men wearing it) far more than I enjoy the ephemeral and often ridiculous nature of most women's fashion. Surely there is a website out there where women can trade "looks," information and WAYWT photos without getting bogged down in the sillier, cattier aspects of the "women's fashion" scene?

I found one old thread on the topic via Google search. Unfortunately, it was full of tiresome generalizations, such as:

That describes me 100% not at all. "OMG," "cute," and "squee" are not in my vocabulary. I like classic, tailored looks as well as modern casual looks, but I rarely find looks I like in magazines. I am not a magpie. I don't watch Sex and the City. I don't read supermarket rags or Jezebel. I have no idea, nor interest in, what anyone wore to the Oscars. I don't care about labels and price; I care about quality and style. I am of a certain age and I have the self-assurance, income, and tastes to match. Maybe I'm just not in anyone's target demographic, but I can't help wondering if there isn't someplace online I've missed, where I can learn from the female versions of the inspirational, original and brilliant men here. Gentlemen, what would you want your wife to read?

I sit here sipping my Oban 14 (neat, thx, and note that I find Cosmos repulsive) and awaiting your thoughts.
I have not seen forums, but there are some blogs and magazines that tend to speak to the fits/cuts/styles/classic quality of menswear for women, in particular: The Gentlewoman magazine and Elin Kling's blog.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe start a forum?
Or just start posting pics here and getting feedback. There are a lot of people who would be willing and able to speak intelligently about women's clothing. A moderated thread might be in order.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Maybe start a forum?

I do believe this has been attempted by certain (former) members. I wonder how that's working out?

coldsalmon

Reaction score
Perhaps if more women joined SF, they could finally answer a question that has been puzzling me: why don't women wear ties?

It would also give us a chance to exercise our gentlemanly manners, which could use a little exercising, by the looks of this thread.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics