• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StyleForum exclusive for girls?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
LOL

I've met some of these broads multiple times.

Can't remember her name. Works for Crobar
db1137wwdml0.jpg

Iowana. She promotes for Surreal.
db1140vw9.jpg

(Right) Hangs around Spybar a lot. Club groupie...barely 19 years old
db1130hs3.jpg

ROFL...

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Are you sure you aren't on the site somewhere, vanity?

raley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Okay, then having to pick between the two, my loyalties lie with Streetwear and *****.

E-pimpin' ain't easy.

fastrunningmom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity

Thanks to the men of styleforum, I'm at least 20% less asshole than I used to be.

As an attractive, intelligent woman, I'd tell you I think you are exaggerating, but perhaps you're right. I didn't know you then.

Do you see how I did that? I gave you the benefit of the doubt - an intriguing option that doesn't seem to have occured to you.

I think the forum should remain men's style, not to exclude women, but because the topic is men's style. That's what I come here for, since the 3 men I live with and shop for couldn't care less. I really have no interest in discussing my style with you - even less now that I've read some of these posts (thank you, Jovan, for being a shining light for not giving in to stereotypes - who would have believed that it would be such an anathma).

Until this thread, I wasn't aware I was crossing an invisible boundry. I never pictured myself as a groundbreaker. Nevertheless, I'll try to lurk more and post less, since I don't wish to offend anyone.

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
ROFL...

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Are you sure you aren't on the site somewhere, vanity?

laugh.gif

I went through the archives to make sure I wasn't in there. I made a point to myself long ago that if there's ever a spot to NOT have your picture taken, it's at a nightclub. When you're dressed weird, probably really fucked up, and thinking your way cooler than you really are. It's a rarity to see a nightclub photo and not think "Oh. WOW."

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fastrunningmom
As an attractive, intelligent woman, I'd tell you I think you are exaggerating, but perhaps you're right. I didn't know you then.

Do you see how I did that? I gave you the benefit of the doubt - an intriguing option that doesn't seem to have occured to you.

I think the forum should remain men's style, not to exclude women, but because the topic is men's style. That's what I come here for, since the 3 men I live with and shop for couldn't care less. I really have no interest in discussing my style with you - even less now that I've read some of these posts (thank you, Jovan, for being a shining light for not giving in to stereotypes - who would have believed that it would be such an anathma).

Until this thread, I wasn't aware I was crossing an invisible boundry. I never pictured myself as a groundbreaker. Nevertheless, I'll try to lurk more and post less, since I don't wish to offend anyone.

Ah, but I believe you've missed the point. While there have been some truly crude remarks on this thread (and I've been rather apalled by them), the point has not been that women should be banned from the forum, but rather whether this forum should become one of both men's and women's style. If it became such, it is possible we'd have masses of women here engaging in discussions most of us come here to get away from. Since we did not advance the first option and you seem to agree with the second assertion, there should be no problem.

PS- Plus, thy guy chose the name vanity and posted a pic of himself in his car. What the hell more could one possibly expect from him? It's like trying to argue with a two-year-old, telling him he shouldn't be the way he is.

fastrunningmom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Ah, but I believe you've missed the point. While there have been some truly crude remarks on this thread (and I've been rather apalled by them), the point has not been that women should be banned from the forum, but rather whether this forum should become one of both men's and women's style. If it became such, it is possible we'd have masses of women here engaging in discussions most of us come here to get away from. Since we did not advance the first option and you seem to agree with the second assertion, there should be no problem.

PS- Plus, thy guy chose the name vanity and posted a pic of himself in his car. What the hell more could one possibly expect from him? It's like trying to argue with a two-year-old, telling him he shouldn't be the way he is.

Point taken, although I think the original question of whether the forum should be expanded in topic seems to have morphed into being expanded in audience. One way or the other, I agree, what more could be expected? I just felt I needed to add my $0.02, although by giving in to that need, I perhaps fueled his argument. I might have been better off showing more self control. If a woman holds her silence in a forest, does anyone hear her?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you. I refrained but.. well, you took the stifled words right out of my mouth. Do not allow this person to dissuade you, fastrunningmom.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think you guys need to be a bit less serious.

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think you guys need to be a bit less serious.

No, this is good. It's the bizzaro-troll. People who don't say much in forums, instead electing to actively look for something non-PC. Then offer a long-winded, holier-than-thou diatrabe on the wrongs of your very being. Even if much of the previous posts were in good fun, they need to correct just how socially wrong you are. They hate humor and life.

and I think she's a bulldyke.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fastrunningmom

Who crucified the offspring of Sally Ride and Jackie Robinson here?

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vanity, those club mongrels all look a bit reptoid. Proceed with caution.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Well, I find it hard to believe that anybody wants their girlfriend/wife/whatever to dress like they came out of the 50s...

answer-boy.gif

OK, so it's not entirely true. While I appreciate it when my wife embraces a 40s/50s aesthetic, I also like to see her keep one toe in more current waters. And I think she does an excellent job at assembling outfits that are at once modern and classic.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I like a well-dressed woman, there is certainly an appeal in a girl dressed in cheap, ****** clothing. She is down with that destructive love, for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads