• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum End of Year/New Year Contest! Theme: Looking Your Best! - Deadline Ext

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
** finalists pending ... apologies for the delay! **

Well chaps, it's the end of the year and despite the rough times we're entering, I'd like to think we all still have a few parties to go to to be jolly, merry, debauched, drunk and most importantly, well dressed. As such, I'd like to announce an End of Year Contest that encourages real world photos and a sense of joy for clothing!

The Theme is Looking Your Best!. I want to see the clothes we don which we believe are the best we can do. Mixtures of rakishness and elegance, adventure and joy. May everyone have a happy holiday season and wear good times on their sleeves.

Boring Rules

1. Outfit must be worn to a December/January party or social gathering.

2. There must be some sort of proof of Rule 1 in the photo. Christmas Tree in the background, newspaper showing a date, even a blotchy red face and bloodshot eyes to show that you went that extra mile to have a good time will be fine. We will be lenient, a sense of humour is encouraged!

3. Contest runs from December 1st to February 5th, which means if you have some awesome office party getup from earlier in the month and you still have a photo, then by all means, submit it.

4. There are no restrictions on what can be posted as long as it adheres to the rules above. Black tie, lounge suits, streetwear, togas are all acceptable if you think it matches the theme.

5. There is no limit to the number of entries a person can submit however the judges may only select one entry per finalist.

6. Other than myself, judges will be eligible for the contest as well.

7. The number of possible finalists is fifteen, though this number may be increased depending on the quantity/quality of applicants.

Exciting Prizes

As I stupidly announced this contest quite late, the prize list has yet to be finalized. On the table for sure are:

1st Place - $50 credit at Kent Wang, NWT solid navy cashmere RLPL tie

2nd Place - $30 credit at Kent Wang

3rd Place - $20 credit at Kent Wang

If anyone wishes to add additional prizes in return for a spot on the judging panel, they are welcome to contact me.

Judging Minutiae

Finalists will be selected using a precise, scientific and yet undetermined method by the panel of judges. Final voting for the judge selected finalists will be open to SF in general on February 10th and run until February 15th.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Originally Posted by edmorel
A NWT solid navy cashmere RLPL tie has been added to the prize list.

Big Hairy Deal Announcement:

I hope this doesn't upset anybody ... I've decided to extend the contest deadline by an extra month until February 5th. Why?

1.) To catch the folks celebrating Lunar New Year / Golden Week, particularly in Japan, Korea and China. SF is an international community and Lunar New Year is coming unusually early this year, it would not be much of a stretch to include them.

2.) To give a little more time to any Christmas / New Year stragglers

3.) To get more entries (and possibly more prizes )

This will not affect the eligibility of any earlier entries (some of which were particularly unusual and excellent)

Sorry for the late announcement, my apologies for the chaos!

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, Yesterday I wore a BRIGHT red chunky RL sweater with elk knit into it with a green knit tie, paired with a pair of black watch pants and tartan house slippers ... hopefully some pictures will surface from the party.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, my company party isn't until January 17th and my new TaT suit won't be arriving until shortly before then
frown.gif

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67
do you think a regular tie minus the vest would have been more approrpaite there?

Hindsight is 20/20. Without the jacket I ended up being called "garcon"
smile.gif

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to see more vomit happening in these pics

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alias
I want to see more vomit happening in these pics

+1. Did anyone get Socal barfing at Farinelli's??

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
+1. Did anyone get Socal barfing at Farinelli's??

No because you left early you pansy!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could always use credit for some Wang. Christmas Eve. Indoor shot, no shoes since we had to take them off in the house we were in.

1-1.jpg

Action shot Christmas morning, shortly after midnight.

33-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads