• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum End of Year/New Year Contest! Theme: Looking Your Best! - Deadline Ext

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaxixi
Make on this jacket?
"Mr. Chan" Scabal hopsack with grey MOP buttons.

Originally Posted by romafan
i hope I don't regret this. party pants from ed...

I
inlove.gif
the party pants.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You just warped there and your GF is not through materializing? Dope pic.

lmao.. perfect comment considering the expression on his face...

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
My contribution:

n518040563_5352772_2102.jpg

Good stuff, but I do wonder: WTF is all that crap on your floor? Is that how LK really lives? Looks like you just had a sleepover at your place. Duuuuuuuuude, since your persona obviously exempts you from chores of any kind, at least have someone pick that **** up for you. Christ, you're killing the LK mystique!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Good stuff, but I do wonder: WTF is all that crap on your floor? Is that how LK really lives? Looks like you just had a sleepover at your place. Duuuuuuuuude, since your persona obviously exempts you from chores of any kind, at least have someone pick that **** up for you. Christ, you're killing the LK mystique!

'Twas a sleepover at grimslade's office.

- B

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
She wants to come to the NYE party too, but the invite clearly states BLACK tie. Not red.

3154431682_ab2b3c563c.jpg

Happy new year all!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alias
Remember, it's technically possible to post a picture of yourself passed out. Just have a friend take it.

Since all of my holiday outings have been casual, I figure this is the only way I'd make a contribution.

Shirt: RL Black Label
Jeans: RRL
Fwear: Allen Edmonds Bel Air
Passed Out-edness: 9 glasses of JW Black, 4 Hendricks & Tonic, at least 4 more glasses of ?????
Time: 3-4 in the morning...or so I'm told.

passout.jpg

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NYE / NY am:
Vintage velvet blazer and cummerbund, Turnbull & Asser tux shirt, Sulka bowtie, Theory tux pants, YSL jonny boots, Joseph fur jacket, pecan cookie/hot chocolate chai
smile.gif

WAYWT-3.jpg

WAYWT-4.jpg

The night before last at the Embarcadero:
Etro tweed, BR turtleneck (xmas gift), CM cords, BR suede chukkas
WAYWT-5.jpg

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
NYE / NY am:
Vintage velvet blazer and cummerbund, Turnbull & Asser tux shirt, Sulka bowtie, Theory tux pants, YSL jonny boots, Joseph fur jacket, pecan cookie/hot chocolate chai
smile.gif

WAYWT-3.jpg

WAYWT-4.jpg

The night before last at the Embarcadero:
Etro tweed, BR turtleneck (xmas gift), CM cords, BR suede chukkas
WAYWT-5.jpg

The one in the middle -- S&M party?
tounge.gif

NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Last night. Not much holiday decor, but there was a panettone somewhere. My "California Tux".
smile.gif

Congratulations on this outfit Parker! Well composed and well suited for the event (at least based on the pic).

However, there is one thing I'm slightly hesitant about... I've never been a fan of the matching belt and shoe combo, and it would be interesting to hear what others think?

And before we get into that, let me just say that Mr Parker here looks very stylish so this is not directed at that particular outfit (but only used to illustrate the point).

So, personally I don't like the belt+shoe combo because it:
1. "cuts the person in half" and draws unnecessary attention to the waistline
2. makes the legs look shorter, and sometimes also gives the impression that the pants are too short
3. gives the impression that the person has been thinking too much about her/his outfit, but then didn't have the eye to decide what looked good.

Watching well-dressed Italians you will note that they very often match the belt color with the trouser color, which IMHO looks great. What are your takes on that?

Using Mr Parker's pic to illustrate (hope you don't mind)
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Since all of my holiday outings have been casual, I figure this is the only way I'd make a contribution.

Shirt: RL Black Label
Jeans: RRL
Fwear: Allen Edmonds Bel Air
Passed Out-edness: 9 glasses of JW Black, 4 Hendricks & Tonic, at least 4 more glasses of ?????
Time: 3-4 in the morning...or so I'm told.

passout.jpg

Ahaha, awesome. This is how it's done.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just posted this to WAYWRN. Not my bathroom:
CIMG3196.jpg
CIMG3202.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads