• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum dream analysis

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I rarely remember my dreams, however, last night's made quite an impression. I was attending a big formal event (opening? awards show?) and was decked out with an amazing tuxedo: slim fitting single breasted, perfect bow tie, great trouser fit, etc. I even had a lovely lady on my arm. The party was in full effect and I was feeling great when suddenly I caught a glance of my footear: beat up black Chuck Taylors. At that point I freaked out and woke up.

What does it all mean? Do I need to go shoe shopping?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
any excuse to go shoe shopping is a good one innit?
wink.gif

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker

A dream's as good a rationale as any!

I had a memorable dream a while back that I got a white Bentley Continental GT and proceeded to ram straight into the garage wall with it. Perhaps I should buy one and then take it out and wreck it.

Actually, buying a new pair of shoes would be cheaper and more satisfying.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Actually, buying a new pair of shoes would be cheaper and more satisfying.

I like it. It's like style insurance. Buy great shoes now in case I'm invited to an emergency last-mintue black tie awards show!

Liberty Ship

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I rarely remember my dreams, however, last night's made quite an impression. I was attending a big formal event (opening? awards show?) and was decked out with an amazing tuxedo: slim fitting single breasted, perfect bow tie, great trouser fit, etc. I even had a lovely lady on my arm. The party was in full effect and I was feeling great when suddenly I caught a glance of my footear: beat up black Chuck Taylors. At that point I freaked out and woke up.

From a Dream Dictionary:

To see old and worn shoes in your dream, signifies that through diligence and hard work, you will find success. It may also mean that you have come to grips with accepting who you are.

To dream that you are wearing inappropriate shoes for the activity at hand, denotes that your progress and path in life will be laborious and ill-prepared. It may also indicate that you are heading in the wrong direction and need to reevaluate your goals.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/s2.htm

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liberty Ship
To dream that you are wearing inappropriate shoes for the activity at hand, denotes that your progress and path in life will be laborious and ill-prepared. It may also indicate that you are heading in the wrong direction and need to reevaluate your goals.

Supports Doc's advice.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading up about Ande Whall jeans last night, I had a dream that I was about to have a 3-some involving the girlfriend of my friend, and one of her friends. Coincidence? I gotta get me some of those jeans...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
last night i dreamt... that somebody loved me. actually no. i dreamt that i bought a house in the small town where i did some growing up; i went to an estate sale next door and dug through old hip hop and punk records, left and was appalled that my wife stole a patch bearing the skyline of Camden, NJ. there was something religious about my dream, but i forget what. and some death.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Had to bring this thread back, had a weird dream last night.

Bruce Willis and I were hanging out in San Diego on the boardwalk. We were discussing a variety of subjects that I've always wanted to talk about with him, and I was pretty impressed with how genuine and nice the guy was. He had to stop every few minutes so that he could take a picture with a fan or sign an autograph, but he explained that it was part of the whole celebrity thing. We start walking around, and sat down in front of a pick up basketball game between Yao Ming and a bunch of his friends. I then tried to take a picture of Yao Ming, his friends, and Bruce together, but Yao kept turning around and facing the other way, so I kept taking pictures of his back.

Then I woke up.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Had to bring this thread back, had a weird dream last night.

Bruce Willis and I were hanging out in San Diego on the boardwalk. We were discussing a variety of subjects that I've always wanted to talk about with him, and I was pretty impressed with how genuine and nice the guy was. He had to stop every few minutes so that he could take a picture with a fan or sign an autograph, but he explained that it was part of the whole celebrity thing. We start walking around, and sat down in front of a pick up basketball game between Yao Ming and a bunch of his friends. I then tried to take a picture of Yao Ming, his friends, and Bruce together, but Yao kept turning around and facing the other way, so I kept taking pictures of his back.

Then I woke up.

do you, dream often, of men?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
do you, dream often, of men?

Sorry buddy, but I don't remember my dreams all that often. So I couldn't tell you.

Someday you'll find someone who dreams about men as much as you do, and you'll be able to confess all your secret longings for Mr. November to them... keep asking around!

p.trick

Reaction score
Tokyo: Based on my experiences, your dream has a parallel in reality. I was out for lunch one afternoon with a girlfriend when Yao Ming entered the establishment. We asked him for a photograph (or rather I coerced my friend to ask herself) but he bluntly refused. In his defense, it was two days after the Rockets got knocked out of the play-offs and he looked like he got hammered the night before.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a rather bizarre dream last night. From what I recall, me and whnay were at this little hole-in-the-wall store that was actually massive on the inside. It was like a giant Filene's Basement. Anyways, I'm near the counter, and see a small rack of suits. There's a 40S DB suit in a really great windowpane for $680 (!) so whnay grabs it and brings it to the counter. Lo and behold, there's edmorel, workin' the cash register. I found a 38R Chu suit, but the pattern sucked so I didn't buy it.

Then I segued into some weird thing that, in retrospect, would make a great movie. I just don't remember it well enough (I've had the dream before). All I recall is that there's some museum run by a guy who is descended from some great demon and his son is all wrapped up in the drama...he tries to fight the evil in the museum, but ends up evolving into a lumbering hell-beast like his father. He then screams in agony for the rest of eternity!

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I had a rather bizarre dream last night. From what I recall, me and whnay were at this little hole-in-the-wall store that was actually massive on the inside.

I’m sorry but this type of phrasing coming from you is:
crackup[1].gif

Oh, and as well: your dreams are fucked up.

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics