• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum dream analysis

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dreamed the impossible dream last night:

I was in the Macy's store in Santa Ana Main Place, and they had a large selection of good-looking ascots for sale at $65 each. I was debating with myself how many I should buy.

Weird stuff. The likelihood of the Main Place Macy's having any ascots is about on the same order of improbability as my marrying Taylor Swift (after having ditched my present wife)!

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I tried taking 5-HTP for depression earlier this year. Its two most noticeable effects were vivid dreams and intense abdominal pain.
frown.gif
I wonder if there are any other supplements that enhance one's dreams? I do enjoy dreams when I have them.

Nicotine patches, but the dreams you get are totally fucked. Just a little bit is enough. Try wearing the Step 3 patch during the day and leave it on overnight. Work your way up if it doesn't work, depending on your tolerance, because sleeping on Step 1 is not restful.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Nicotine patches, but the dreams you get are totally fucked. Just a little bit is enough. Try wearing the Step 3 patch during the day and leave it on overnight. Work your way up if it doesn't work, depending on your tolerance, because sleeping on Step 1 is not restful.

+1 Accidentally fell asleep with patches on when I first started them and had the most psychadelic dreams ever ... walls melting, hands coming out of the floor, weird flying creatures ...really f*cked up

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
+1 Accidentally fell asleep with patches on when I first started them and had the most psychadelic dreams ever ... walls melting, hands coming out of the floor, weird flying creatures ...really f*cked up

I need me some of that stuff.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I dreamed the impossible dream last night:

I was in the Macy's store in Santa Ana Main Place, and they had a large selection of good-looking ascots for sale at $65 each. I was debating with myself how many I should buy.

Weird stuff. The likelihood of the Main Place Macy's having any ascots is about on the same order of improbability as my marrying Taylor Swift (after having ditched my present wife)!

Are ascots picking up steam in the states? I usually see a handful of them in most mens clothing stores here. I enjoy wearing them with regularity, $65 seems like a steal too.

spencers

Reaction score
I dreamed that I was out running with my girlfriend in a horrific lightning storm, and trying to seek cover.
Then I got struck and woke up.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
everybody has dreams but not everybody can remember them
I remember seeing this on TV. Apparently if you keep a dream journal right beside your bed and right down all the details the minute you wake up, before you start forgetting it, you can train your brain to get better and remembering your dreams. ---- The last dream I had was like a bad sitcom. I dreamt I got a call from my university and I was informed I never actually graduated because I was 3 courses short. I had to take the class I feared the most.... advanced calculus. I was lost on campus, couldn't find the class, got there late, couldn't get a seat... it was a nightmare. It was one of those dreams that was so lucid, when I woke up I had to think for a minute to make sure I really did receive a degree from the university.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I dreamt I got a call from my university and I was informed I never actually graduated because I was 3 courses short. I had to take the class I feared the most.... advanced calculus. I was lost on campus, couldn't find the class, got there late, couldn't get a seat... it was a nightmare. It was one of those dreams that was so lucid, when I woke up I had to think for a minute to make sure I really did receive a degree from the university.

that is so weird. i have these dreams on occasion where it is so real (at that moment) that i question the validity of something as well due to it.

one dream i had was i was being tracked down by the us government because i was some kind of fugitive. i was not a citizen and they accused me of falsely filling out application for citizenship so i was not a citizen and i was to go to jail or something. i woke up in a sweat. and i honestly had to go check my papers to see if i really was a citizen or not.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just failed an assassination attempt (no it wasn't of BO). I was at my old house in Port Credit, Ontario. We had a large 1/2 acre lot there, mostly in the backyard. It was in the same place but the property was slightly different and our house wasn't there. Instead there were two towers connected by a bridge. I don't know what the towers led/were attached to, and it doesn't make sense for them to be on a property of that size, but whatever. Anyway, I was shooting at two men from the back of the property, at night. I had some sort of infrared targeting scope. They were walking up from the front of the property towards the two towers, and for whatever I felt I had to take the shot NOW, and so I did, without even really aiming. Everyone was alerted to my presence at that point, knew exactly where I was shooting from, and I started running and that's when I woke up (yes I went to bed at like 5pm today)..

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dp

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
that is so weird. i have these dreams on occasion where it is so real (at that moment) that i question the validity of something as well due to it.
When you're dozing off, do you ever have the sudden feeling (not a dream, just the physical sensation) that you're falling, and your whole body jolts like your tensing for when you hit the ground? Reading the stories in this thread leads me to believe something I heard along time ago that you can never get killed in your dreams. They see even you dream you're getting shot, you wake up before the bullet hits you and even if you dream you're about to be in a horrific car crash, you'll wake up before you collide. I read this stuff online about Lucid dreaming where you can control your dreams... that's so powerful it's almost scary. It's like having the holodeck from star trek!

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, Fidel. I always have this dream right before/during exams period.

The slight variation is that I realize that I'm still signed up for a class that I thought I had dropped.

millionaire75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
Oh man, Fidel. I always have this dream right before/during exams period.

The slight variation is that I realize that I'm still signed up for a class that I thought I had dropped.

I have that "still enrolled in a class I thought I dropped" about once a week and I graduated 11 years ago. Not sure what it means.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hell, I'm 30+ years out of college and I still have the "final exam time and I can't find the right room" dream.
plain.gif

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
That happened to me too! The problem was every dream I had was a nightmare, and I'd wake up feeling like it really just happened. My heart would be pounding, I'd be covered in sweat, I'd feel paranoid and stressed out, etc. It was really bad, because I never got any real rest for my body when I slept with them on, and would be extremely tired when I woke up, and onto the coming day. I got to where I had to take them off when about an hour before I went to sleep. My friend had the same experience, but said he didn't have the problem with nightmare-only dreams though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads